Global Small Molecule Drug Product Development is within the Discovery, Product Development & Supply (DPDS) organization of Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson and Johnson responsible for the development of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Development centers are located in the US, Asia and Europe.
For the location in Europe (Belgium, Beerse) there is a vacancy for a
Senior Scientist Oral Solids Development with general expertise in Conventional and Enabling Pharmaceutical Processing.
The overall mission is to strengthen the capabilities for oral solid dosage forms.
Key elements of success are innovation, customer focus, teamwork, international networking and building up the scientific knowledge/expertise.
- Execute formulation and process development activities in the area of solid dosage development with broader focus on conventional and enabling technology platforms
Write and review characterization reports and protocols, as well as contribute and update of Current Best Practices as applicable.
Follow-up literature (scientific and patent) in order to create new development opportunities for Pharmaceutical Development
Ensure overall compliance with regulatory requirements, GMP and environmental health and safety.
- Ph.D. Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences or Industrial Pharmacy, Bio-engineering, Chemical Engineering, or experienced Master in the Same Relevant Areas.
- Ideally, you have at least 5 years of experience or equivalent with a demonstrated competency and experience in drug product development within the pharmaceutical industry or academically, mainly in the field of oral solid dosage form development, and more specifically on the compaction and tablet compression process.
- You have a broad, end-to-end expertise in formulation and process development for solid dosage forms, i.e. scientific and technical expertise in conventional technologies such as Direct Compression, Wet Granulation and Dry Granulation, or in enabling technologies such as Spray Drying, Hot Melt Extrusion or Bead Coating.
- Hands on experience of working on different conventional technologies mentioned in above point.
- Experience with scale up and technology transfer to pilot scale and commercial manufacturing of the different manufacturing processes, including setting up DOE’s, applying scale up process modelling methodologies, mechanistically understanding the influence of the critical process parameters on the final product characteristics, statistics etc is desirable.
- Experience with implementation of state-of-the-art technologies and principles in the development of robust and marketable dosage forms, determining critical quality attributes, critical parameters and critical material attributes is desirable.
- Experience working within GMP requirements, implementing and maintaining high quality standards for all aspects of the work conducted including adherence to regulatory GMP, departmental, and safety guidelines.
- Track record in writing skills, scientific papers, development reports, protocols, etc.
- You are able to build up a broad network within Janssen as well as externally, academics, CRO’s, etc.
What is in it for you?
Contributing to the discovery of a medical breakthrough and a world without disease
Being part of a motivated and experienced research team in an innovative working environment
Through mentoring programs, e-university and on the job training, we ensure your personal development in a global company
A competitive salary, on-site sport accommodations, health/energy programs and other benefits for you and your family
Flexible working hours (40 h/week), no fixed holiday planning and possibility to work at home for non-laboratory related tasks
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)