About Johnson & Johnson - Janssen
Johnson & Johnson is a company committed to doing good for the world. We blend Heart, Science and Ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are creating a world where disease is a thing of the past. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We recognize the impact of serious conditions on people's lives, and we aim to empower people through disease awareness, education and access to quality care.
One of our focus areas is Oncology. We envision a world where cancer is a preventable, chronic or curable disease. To get there, we’re focused on developing solutions that prolong and improve patient lives. One of the ways Janssen is doing this is by focusing scientific research on cancer interception. The goal is to identify and treat patients earlier in their cancer journey, when they are still relatively healthy and less resistant to standard therapeutic interventions. Within the solid tumor area we are focusing on new treatments for patients with prostate, lung and bladder cancer. www.janssen.com/oncology
Position in Brief
We are now looking to fill a position as a Field Medical Advisor for our Solid Tumor (ST) portfolio. The purpose of the role is to improve company product value by being a therapeutic area scientific expert, responsible for discussing products, patients’ treatment trends and studies in the ST area with a defined audience of Leading Specialists (Physicians, Pharmacists, Hospital Managers, Board Members of Scientific Societies, and other partners) and to be considered a trusted scientific counterpart and partner. You will be supporting the current and future launches within prostate cancer, as well as the future launches in our Lung Cancer portfolio, both in- and externally.
We are looking for a person with a good level of seniority within the oncology area, as well as with respect to working in Medical Affairs within the pharmaceutical industry. If you enjoy being a medical expert and get motivated by interacting and collaborating with our external partners, then this is the job for you.
This position will be based in Sweden and will report directly to the TA Medical Lead for Hematology & Oncology. The position will require travel mostly within Sweden up to 2-3 days/week.
Field Medical Advisor – Sweden
- Act as a reference point for other functions for any scientific query.
- Coordinate and participate in medical education activities, e.g. identity, support, and educate speakers as well as build medical education programs with scientific third parties.
- Continuously update own knowledge of products, patient’s treatment trends and clinical activities and studies within the therapeutic area and patients’ treatment trends in the region.
- Develop and maintain a contact network with leading specialists with particular focus on understanding their needs, key value drivers, and practical treatment patterns as well as championing the medical value of own products.
- Communicate medical scientific data to leading specialists and broader external health care related audience both proactively and reactively.
- Gain valuable insights into treatment patterns and scientific activities in the therapeutic area through scientific interactions and provide strategic input to the medical affairs plan and business decision-making.
- Support and handle medical affairs clinical activities' strategy, planning, design and execution in close co-operation with Global Clinical Operations and CRO.
- Support the Health Economy & Market Access team with medical and scientific input.
- Improve the use of multi-channel communication.
To be successful in this role
- Effective communicator able to convey clinical implications of scientific advances easily and credibly.
- Desire to provide guidance and feedback to improve performance of individuals and/or groups.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to influence and interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Phenomenal command of interpersonal skills, verbal, oral and written, and good presentation skills.
- Care for the big picture whilst also being very analytical and with eye for details as needed.
- Proactive and independent way of working being naturally inclined to drive initiatives in a timely manner.
- Solid business acumen as well as understanding of the healthcare business landscape.
- Collaborative attitude both within and across functional and geographical areas.
- A Minimum of bachelor’s degree in medicine, pharmacy or life sciences or equivalent (required). Preferably a PhD.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in comparable roles (required), preferable within oncology.
- Healthcare, pharmaceutical or similar industry experience (preferred).
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (required).
- Valid driver’s license (required).
- Proficiency English language, verbal and written (required). Good skills in a Swedish language is preferred.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an updated CV and Cover letter. The selection process will start during the 30-day posting period. We reserve the right to close down the advert earlier. All applicants can expect feedback on the application.
This posting is not open for external recruiter/sourcing agencies. If you are a representative of an agency, please respect this by not approaching the Hiring Manager directly.
Janssen Cilag Sweden AB (7315)