Johnson & Johnson is a company committed to doing good for the world. We blend Heart, Science and Ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies’ purpose is to reach more patients and restore more lives. Having advanced patient care for more than a century, these companies represent an unparalleled breadth of products, services, programs and research and development capabilities in surgical technology, orthopedics, cardiovascular and specialty solutions with an offering directed at delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide.
We are looking for a new enthusiastic Bids & Tender Manager for our Medical Devices business segment in the Nordics. The Medical Device business is to a very large extent driven by tenders. It is critical that we respond to published tenders in a timely manner, with high quality, compliant and competitive offers. Our Nordic Bids & Tender Department is a critical player in this process and ensures critical inputs from key stakeholders across the Nordic as well the EMEA and global organizations.
The team manages all phases of the Tender Life Cycle: Shape, Make and Evaluate. The Shape phase starts with understanding customer needs, as well as providing consultancy about relevant and viable product options. In this process relevant procurement models are often discussed and explored as well. Next comes the actual making of the J&J tender response. Here the B&T Team orchestrates the creation of our tender response through a series of activities that include Sales, Marketing, Pricing, Commercial Excellence, Sustainability to mention just a selection of involved stakeholders. Once a customer contract has been awarded the department manages the contract during its life cycle using advanced IT based tools.
In addition to responsibilities related to tenders the department also supports our Sales Department in creating offers and setting up price agreements for non-tendered products as well as other revenue creating commercial offers. The team monitors and manages pricing in a broad sense in close collaboration with our Pricing Department.
The team consists of 11 highly experienced employees located in Finland, Denmark and Sweden reporting directly to the role. Important responsibilities for the Bids & Tender Manager are to motivate and engage team members and to continuously develop the function to support the business in the best possible way.
The Bids & Tender Manager is a key stakeholder when it comes to developing novel procurement models in Nordic healthcare. This includes - but is not limited to - engagement with local trade associations such as Swedish MedTech, Sailab and Medicoindustrien as well as taking speaker opportunities at procurement and healthcare seminars.
The position is located at one of the Nordic J&J offices in Solna (SE), Helsinki (FI) or Birkerød (DK).
This Bids & Tender Manager reports to the Director of Strategic Capabilities for the Nordics.
- Lead, motivate and develop the members of the Nordic Bids & Tender Team
- Manage and support all phases of the Tender Life Cycle Process
- Ensure SOX compliance for areas of responsibility
- Keep up to date on new developments in public procurement and healthcare and shape internal organizations and processes accordingly
- Liaise with JNJ Legal teams on relevant matters and questions
- Work with all functions of the organization to ensure smooth and efficient business processes
- University degree in business or law (required)
- Experience with all aspects of the tender process either from a procurer or vendor’s perspective
- Strong knowledge with EU public procurement (required)
- At least 3 years of people management experience (required)
- An industry background in Healthcare, Medtech or Pharma is a plus
- Desire to work with and develop people
- Ability to engage at both operational as well as strategic levels
- Strong communicator, fluent in at least one Nordic language as well as English
- Network builder and positive outlook
We are looking for passion to improve healthcare, a desire to deliver above expectations and an attraction to a high-paced working environment that includes both long term strategic thinking and here-and-now decisions. If all of this sounds exciting, you may be the person we’re looking for.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an updated CV and Cover letter in English. The selection process will start during the standard 30-days posting period, please send in your application as soon as possible. We reserve the rights to close the advert earlier. All applicants can expect feedback on the application.
posting is not open for external recruiter/sourcing agencies. Please respect
this by not approach
Hiring Manager if you are a representative of an agency.
Finland-Southern Finland-Helsinki, Denmark-Hovedstaden-Birkerod
Johnson & Johnson AB (7320)