- Directly reports to Tax Manager
- Work closely with Business Unit Finance (BUF) in one of four sectors (Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Vision and Consumer), Local/Regional Global Services (GS) and Business Support Center of Excellence (BS CoE) within each business sector.
- Support global and region-wide projects as a Global Tax team member.
- Preparation of annual tax returns within stipulated timelines.
- Preparation of statutory reports, including all disclosure notes, liaison with external auditors and ensuring submission within statutory timelines.
- Ongoing assistance with the US LE reporting processes including liaison with GS and Global Tax team, making sure deadlines are met and accuracy and credibility of reporting is being maintained
- Timely and accurate filing of consumption tax and other indirect taxes.
- Tax accounting in Business Plan cycles and quarterly closing.
- Ensure compliance to SOX and other internal controls.
- Support in cross-sectors tax driven business initiatives locally or regionally.
- Provide internal tax/accounting advisory services and support business operation matters.
- Maintain appropriate local transfer pricing documentation and operation.
- Take care of external tax authorities and consultants.
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships with BUF, GS and other partners.
Assignment and Planning of Work
- Much of the work is providing advice and support to Johnson & Johnson legal entities in Japan, working within their timetables and both internal and external reporting deadlines.
- There must be an ability to stress the importance of deadlines and reporting requirements to peers. Therefore, a strength to balance conflicting priorities is important.
- There will be extra demands around the quarterly/year-end reporting and tax return deadlines as well as US tax reporting deadlines.
- Sufficient training courses should be attended each year in order to keep up to date with changing legislation and accounting developments.
Other Working Relationships
- Develop close working relationship with relevant partners (Finance Directors, local and regional finance organizations, Tax Center peers in ASPAC, etc.).
- Interaction with external auditors and local tax authorities
- Interaction with Global Tax colleagues around the world.
- Interaction with other business teams across the region and worldwide as and when required, e.g., Supply Chain, Legal, Payroll, HR.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience / Skills required
- Tax/accountancy qualification (Certified Public Tax Accountant, Japanese CPA, US CPA is a plus)
- At least 7 years of tax/accounting experience in a multinational corporation and/or in an international accounting firm.
- Ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Fluent in Japanese and business level English.
- Analytical and attention to detail.
- Great team communicator.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel) and keen to learn new technologies.
- Highly proactive with a can-do attitude.
Johnson & Johnson K.K. (8235)