This role will lead the Process Capability workstream within the Manufacturing Excellence CoE, deploying proven practices globally across the Joints sites and defining operating standards to embed ways of working. This role will also have responsibility for the deployment of Six Sigma, building people capabilities within our teams.
The role will be accountable for the sites achieving savings targets and will be required to work closely with the Process Excellence teams based on the sites.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a multi-site process capability strategy to reduce process variability delivering improvements in quality and value.
- Define future system requirements relating to data collection, visualization and analytics.
- Lead a team to build a portfolio of projects across our manufacturing sites to deliver business critical results.
- Develop and execute a roadmap with focused workstreams in-line with the Engineering strategic objectives.
- Work with the sites to develop business cases for investment in new project / initiatives.
- Ensure Six Sigma principles are embedded into continuous improvement activities and ways of working.
- Engage and manage relationships with business partners to ensure the successful adoption of identified solutions across the Business.
- Awareness of Regulatory aspects in relation to the current and future processes.
- Identify capital and budget requirements for Continuous Improvement Projects.
- Ensure that all projects are run cost efficiently and deliver reliable, robust and capable processes.
- Promote a quality-focused culture within the team, ensuring alignment to GMP and the Quality System.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities to the project sponsors, partners and senior management.
Interpersonal & Talent Development
- Is an influential team member, fully motivated to deliver departmental and Site/Corporate objectives.
- Supports collaboration and staff development through a commitment to mentoring and technical leadership.
- Implement Program and Project Management Best Practices within the Process Excellence Function.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the Process Excellence Function.
Customer & Marketplace focus
- Instil and maintain a sense of urgency and customer focus within the team.
- Prioritize projects in line with business requirements & strategic objectives.
- Flexible work ethic.
- Strong influencing skills - Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Problem solving skills – To assist in maintaining project progress and on design issues.
- Decision Making – Required to make decisions on technical and management issues.
- Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills.
- Extent of Confidentiality - Discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies & regulatory.
Professional Experience Requirements
- 10+ year’s experience and a Degree in Science, Engineering or a related Discipline
- Previous project management & people management expertise across a diverse and multifaceted environment.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certified.
- Track record collaborating with Operations and Quality functions to enable the delivery of complex products and processes.
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386)