Johnson & Johnson Medical is part of Johnson & Johnson and is responsible for commercialization of the Medical Devices Portfolio. For more than 125 years, we’ve focused on advancing technologies, products and services to improve patient care and bring greater precision to every aspect of surgery. The Belgian office is in Diegem.
Through training, research and innovative products we enable our surgeons to achieve better outcomes in Bariatric, Thoracic, Colorectal, HPB and General Surgery. Curious to explore? Please visit: http://www.ethicon.com/
Currently we are recruiting for a Product Specialist General Surgery
You are driving business performance and market share and will be responsible that the most important clinical stakeholders become promoters of our products and our company. You will work closely together with the Sales Manager and Product Manager to ensure an optimal resource allocation and the highest impact of your work.
Main areas of responsibility / expected results/objectives of the role Acquisition of new customers
- Analyze and integrate information together with the Product Manager/Sales Manager to define business potentials for innovative products
- Define specific projects as part of the overall account plan that will lead to successful product launches
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to enforce the successful introduction of new JnJ products and services
- Establish contacts with key opinion leaders to turn them into strong promoters of our products and our company
- Communicate with customers in the event of complaints, problems or back-orders
- Provide training courses to surgeons, specialists, nurses and operating theater management
- Apply Healthcare Compliance regulations
- Develop strong customer relationships
- You will focus on our EndoMech (surgical stapling) & Energy (sealing & dissecting) products with a very strong legacy in health care market.
- You will build your clinical expertise primarily around Bariatric & Thoracic Surgery.
Main leadership commitments involved in the role
- Invest in understanding the needs of internal and external partners through active listening. Identify actionable insights to enhance results.
- Be able to connect quickly with different customer profiles from the Therapeutic Area
- Succeed in building broad and deep networks in our client’s organization with a focus on clinical Key Opinion Leaders
- Collaborate closely with the Product Manager to drive customer happiness and alliances
- Consider how to apply new ideas you generated in the activities for the CONNECT imperative.
- Find ways to challenge the status quo and how things have always been done
- Determine how to enable more calculated risk taking, support and encourage appropriate risk-taking
- Build a new level of partnership focused on strong dedication.
- Be a role model in Credo-based customer interaction. Demonstrate business excellence through the WHAT and HOW dimensions.
- Develop your communication and influence skills to become a high-impact presenter; seek feedback on your skills in this area.
- Identify & develop the skills necessary for future success.
- Build an environment supportive of diverse and inclusive thinking and perspectives.
- Be business-results driven, devote yourself actively and wholeheartedly to the work so that goals are achieved.
- Demonstrate responsibility, apply high quality standards and use available resources efficiently.
- Promote a culture of accountability by improving current performance and taking responsibility for mistakes.
- Try new operational practices that have been successful elsewhere in the company.
- Build & reinforce a sense of urgency on key projects; help others understand the criticality of these efforts.
- Analyze the success of projects; conduct “after action or lessons learned reviews” to streamline efforts and reduce barriers to results.
- Demonstrated capabilities in a medical sales position
- Proven ability to handle complexity & thrives in uncertain/ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to connect and effectively collaborate across a diverse group of business partners in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong passion and track record for business accomplishments & will to make things happen & deliver
- Strong communication skills & influencing skills
- Encouraged by results performance & excellence in the job
- Proven business success in delivering growth and gaining share
- Strongly involved in strategic and tactical work on a daily basis requiring being able to quickly zoom in and out
- Ability to build respect and trust with customers, employees and internal stakeholders
- Integrity and Credo-based leadership
- Self- awareness, adaptability and stress resistant
- Master’s degree
- Desired educational background: (para)medical, business administration, economics, sciences, ...
- Knowledge of the current medical healthcare landscape
- Experience as a commercial in the Pharma or medical device is an advantage
- Fluent in French and English
Johnson & Johnson Medical NV (7546)