Customer Development Manager / National Account Manager: Discount channel
Who Are We:
Profound Change Requires Boldness. Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most broadly-based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day and have been for the last 130 years. The combination of new technologies and your expertise enables amazing things to happen. Teams from J&J’s consumer business are crafting digital tools to help people track the health of their skin. Those working in medical devices are 3-D printing artificial joints personalized for each patient, while researchers in pharmaceuticals use AI to discover lifesaving drugs. Imagine what the rest of our team of 134,000 people at 260 companies in more than 60 countries across the world is accomplishing. We redefine what it means to be a big company in today’s world.
To find out more about who we are, take look at these videos:
Our vision is to be the outstanding Health & Wellness organization by leveraging the commercial strategy to deliver competitive advantage and value creation for the consumer, customer and J&J. And as part of one of the largest and most diverse healthcare companies in the world, our brands use the company’s world-class research tools and scientific prowess to provide consumers across the globe with innovative consumer medicines, skin, baby and essential health solutions. We seek to meet the health needs of families everywhere through a broad range of well-known and trusted health products. At Johnson & Johnson we have a truly outstanding brand portfolio with power brands across multiple categories including but not limited to Johnson’s®, Neutrogena®, Nicorette®, Clean & Clear®, Listerine®, Calpol®, and Sudafed®.
We have an exciting and challenging role within our Customer Team where you will be responsible for leading the fastest growing and largest discount customers.
This role requires very strong commercial acumen but also the need to manage the short term and long-term needs of the business.
What to expect?
You will be responsible for the strategic development of our brands across the non-fixed price discounters with acute consideration of the wider market and brand strategies to ensure long term, sustainable and profitable growth.
The role is of huge strategic importance to the business and reports into the business unit head of total discount and convenience.
The Customer Development Manager is accountable for the total non-fixed price customer P&L, and meeting or exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual sales target. You will also:
- Manage the day-to-day running of the channel, supporting the Business unit head on commercial commitments
- Create the strategic business plans across the customer base to maximise growth ahead of the competition
- Set up the business for long term success by thinking creatively on new ways of working with customers
- Identify new business opportunities and recommending actions to develop the Health, Baby and Beauty categories.
- Challenges the status quo and drive positive change
Who are we looking for?
To excel in this role, you will already have experience within the FMCG landscape, and ideally experience within the discount channel. You will also have:
- A proven track record of strong commercial performance from sales, profitability and share point of view
- Strong commercial acumen and excellent numeracy and analytical skills
- Ability to identify profit driving opportunities to drive business effectiveness
- Ability to engage your customers and collaborates with J&J experts to identify areas of opportunity and alignment to develop strategies that create joint business value
- Ability to influence stakeholders, with clear and concise methodology and delivery
- Adapt to evolving business conditions and see them as an opportunity to take calculated risks that enhance business outcomes
- Strength in communication among others that removes barriers across a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to build and harvest great relationships both internally and externally to achieve strategic business objectives
- High level of autonomy and enjoy networking to achieve results
What type of mark will you make?
Your rare talents and perspectives can make a vital contribution to creative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. At Johnson & Johnson, our company's ethical character is defined by our people. We strive to attract people with strong, positive values and we develop, reinforce and reward those values. With good career development opportunities, we are the world's sixth largest consumer company and can demonstrate an excellent range of benefits. If our ethos is aligned to your values, then this could be the best career move you'll make.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Limited (8700)