Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a finance professional to join the EMEA FP&A Centre of Excellence (FP&A COE) team, located in Pinewood Campus, United Kingdom. This role is supporting the Emerging Markets team for the Pharm business.
In EMEA, the Centre of Excellence team are a dynamic, diverse group of individuals representing a wide variety of experiences and cultural backgrounds. The team is fundamentally changing how Finance supports the Johnson & Johnson businesses in the region. This means that FP&A CoE provides the ideal work environment for those who enjoy being challenged and rapidly growing their horizons.
- Key Responsibilities include the following:
- Support the local Business Unit Finance (BUF) team by providing financial analytics/ insights enabling delivery of financial forecasts, through relevant analysis as part of closing
- Lead the planning cycles, working in close collaboration with BUF partners
- Develop and identify business needs analytics, and leveraging standard data and tools to deliver innovative analytical solutions,
- Share best practices and either import or export to make a positive impact beyond your country/cluster
- Within the EMEA FP&A COE / Region, act as the reference on a specific standard process / report and continuously look to improve it
- Support the Regional Business Unit Finance (BUF) team by providing all financial analytics/ insights enabling delivery of financial plans and forecasts,
- Support EMEA / Corporate initiatives (business and /or finance).
- Graduate degree / Qualified Accountant
- English essential and other language is a plus
- Broad based experience in the Pharm Sector preferred
- Experience working in Emerging Markets preferred
- Experience of working in a commercial organization with matrix business relationships
- Proven track record of high performance and driving process improvements across a complex business environment
- Prior working knowledge of TM1 or FiT BW is a plus
- Ideally familiar with Johnson & Johnson worldwide procedures, practices and systems.
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrate honesty and ethical behaviour in all areas of responsibility, and act as a role model for J&J Credo values
- Customer Focus
- Challenge status quo and process improvements approach
- Working to tight deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a multi-cultural environment across all layers of the business
- Collaborative and can do attitude
- Good communication skills with the ability to flex inter personal style appropriate to different levels and stakeholders
- Analytical and influencing skills are key to be successful in this role.
- Strong planning/prioritization are critical to success
- Applicants must be collaborative, passionate about driving change and challenging status quo, aiming to further find efficiencies and add more value to the Business.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)