Johnson & Johnson DELIVER is recruiting for a Regional Principle Engineer, which can be located in Ireland, Belgium, Italy or Czech Rep.
The DELIVER organization strives to deliver an outstanding customer experience through leading critical customer-facing functions such as distribution, customer service, logistics, and transportation across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
DELIVER supports all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson: Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical, and Consumer Products, and DELIVER EMEA leads a complex network of Distribution Centres (DCs) and Customer Service centers across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa supporting multiple distribution channels to J&J’s broad range of customers. Since 2013, DELIVER has undertaken a complete review of its network and consolidated its footprint while driving outstanding distribution operations and using a third-party logistics sourcing base.
Purpose of Roles:
• Execute Regional Deliver projects as a primary technical leader
• Support and assist the development of relevant standards and processes, and use best practices to increase efficiency, build up capability, and standardize engineering
• Innovation and lead change across all sectors with an understanding of the End to End business needs and customer expectations
• Identify capability gaps to improve efficiency and define how to address gaps
• Support and assist in defining processes and standards to be implemented to harmonize and make the Deliver organization more efficient
• Reviews and analyzes complex business problems, task statements, standards, specifications, engineering drawings and other documentation to determine engineering requirements.
• Directs preparation of achievement charts, manpower and material estimate inputs, and related material needed to define program schedules and co-ordination of multiple workstreams
• Settles program objectives and requirements, coordinates programs and projects, and develops standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
• Execute regional projects in alignment with above strategies and plans.
• Uses acquired skill in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues. Selects research problems to foster the organization's objectives.
• Recommends facilities, personnel, and funds required to carry out programs that are directly related with and directed toward fulfillment of overall organizational objectives.
• Conceives and plans investigations of broad areas of considerable novelty and importance for which engineering precedents are lacking in areas critical to the overall engineering program.
• Consults with higher management on business opportunities and potential problems which may impact on the company's business. Makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative.
• Provide technical mentorship to junior team members.
BS in Engineering or related technical discipline required; Advanced degree preferred.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum 8 years in meaningful leadership roles
• 7+ years of process or manufacturing engineering experience in the regulated medical device or pharmaceutical industry required
• Experience in building best practices, Operations efficiency, Asset Management best practices, etc.
• Strong expertise in engineering standards, process design, and standards definition
• Ability to promote a vision and drive change to transform organizations via strong engagement/communication
• Ability to collaborate and build positive relationships internally and externally with customer focus
• Experience leading project management organizations and driving significant Engineering deployment engagements
• Experience and success building outstanding organizations (e.g., building standards, crafting processes)
• Advanced degree MS/PhD/MBA preferred
• Experience in Distribution Automation and Systems an advantage
• Professional certifications PE, FPX, PMP, CQE, Six Sigma, etc. desired
• Consistent track record of developing and building diverse, high-performance teams with a strong sense of mission
• Presence and persistence to face off with and be a challenge partner to business leaders throughout regional Deliver
English as primary language, and working knowledge of French and German an advantage
Flexibility to travel throughout the region (EMEA) – up to 40% in support of Project needs
High degree of independent judgement and decision making required
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Czech Republic, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Italy, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland-Cork-Cork
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)