Profound Change Requires Boldness. Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most broadly-based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day and have been for the last 130 years. The combination of new technologies and your expertise enables amazing things to happen. Teams from J&J’s consumer business are creating digital tools to help people track the health of their skin. Those working in medical devices are 3-D printing artificial joints personalized for each patient, while researchers in pharmaceuticals use AI to discover lifesaving drugs. Imagine what the rest of our team of 134,000 people at 260 companies in more than 60 countries across the world is accomplishing. We redefine what it means to be a big company in today’s world.
The VAT accountant as part of the VAT team plays a key role in ensuring VAT compliance within AMO.
- has responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of all VAT related returns & dealing with queries from tax authorities on a regular basis as well as representing AMO at VAT audits.
- will provide VAT advice to the business and work with other departments on VAT issues that arise to provide solutions in line with fiscal compliance.
- is responsible for VAT training as applicable.
- is responsible for the preparation, filing, payment & review of VAT related returns for a number of entities across EAM.
- liaises with the Global services VAT team & ensures correct mapping of VAT codes & correct coding of all postings from SAP Lynx.
- is involved in VAT aspects of all projects.
Preparation and submission of VAT, Intrastat & VIES returns:
- Prepare and submit all VAT related returns for a number of entities in the EAM Region.
- Review and approve VAT related returns prepared by colleagues to ensure accuracy.
- Arrange payments of VAT liabilities in a timely manner.
- Compilation of supporting documents to ensure that full audit trail is available for audit inspections on a timely basis.
- Reconciliation of VAT accounts.
- Assist with month end duties including running Intrastat reports, transfer of VAT balances etc.
- Complete VAT control checklists on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis as appropriate.
Ensure compliance with indirect tax and fiscal requirements
- Deal professionally and efficiently with VAT enquiries from all parts of the AMO group and from customers and vendors.
- Partner with the business to understand business requirements and proactively provide solutions to ensure that the product flows and systems design are compliant with fiscal requirements.
- Support new business development including finding VAT compliant solutions for new business models.
Ensure the integrity of systems
- Co-ordinate with other departments and business units to ensure the integrity of the systems and controls relating to VAT & Intrastat.
- Manage training to other departments and outsourced third parties to ensure they have the VAT understanding & knowledge required for their roles.
- Provide training on documentation, VAT codes etc. to other employees as appropriate.
Work with Internal and External Auditors
- Identify and report on potential VAT Risks for AMO.
- Ensure supporting documentation is available for audit reviews as required.
- Assist in the management of VAT aspects of all tax authority audits of European AMO legal entities and minimise cost and reputational damage to the local companies and the Johnson & Johnson group.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance and accounting, preferred
Qualified Accountant – CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA
Minimum of 3 years’ experience working within a medium sized international company
Working knowledge of European VAT requirements.
Experience in the preparation and submissions of European VAT returns, Intrastat and VIES returns.
2 years’ experience working as part of a European VAT team.
SAP experience desirable.
Minimum Language Skills: English required & another European language is an advantage.
What type of mark will you make?
Your rare talents and perspectives can make a vital contribution to improve the lives of people everywhere. At Johnson & Johnson, our company's ethical character is defined by our people. We strive to attract people with strong, positive values and we develop, reinforce and reward those values. If our ethos is aligned to your values, then this could be the best career move you'll make. Johnson & Johnson is a supporter of equal opportunities and is a proud member of Disability Confident.
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
AMO Ireland (Ireland Branch) - USD Entities (8142)