Develop and deploy EHS&S programs, leveraging existing resources at Dr. Ci:Labo throughout Japan, inclusive of offices locations, laboratory, Dr. Ci:Labo retail spaces, Ci:z Labo salons and Sedona salons. Ensure robust processes to drive compliance and to identify, evaluate and control risk in the workplace. Manage technical resources for occupational safety, industrial hygiene, ergonomics, and environmental waste for multiple retail locations. Ensure environmental compliance programs for waste management, water programs, and air emissions. EHS&S interface with Company and other site leaders.
- Develop new Johnson and Johnson EHS&S Standard for retail stores and salons
- Accountable for successful implementation of EHS&S services across Dr. Ci:Labo business locations in Japan including support of business objectives, inclusive of over 100 retail locations, salons, several office locations and an R&D laboratory.
- Create value by driving greater efficiency and standardization in the deployment of EHS&S resources, processes, procedures and programs using regional construct.
- Accountable for delivery of local EHS&S performance plan including compliance and safety, environmental and sustainability goals.
- Continuously monitor all aspects of regional and local EHS&S performance, providing direction to site EHS&S contacts, site EHS&S teams and other site leaders, inclusive of retail stores.
- Lead and execute administrative activities including, EHS Budget Management, and regulatory tracking processes.
- Provide EHS&S technical assistance and support to retail stores, offices and laboratories.
- Monitor the progress of management action plans, providing technical support to ensure corporate, business franchise and site goals are met; assure all records are properly maintained and reports are prepared/submitted in a timely manner.
- Up to 25% overnight travel, depending on business needs, is required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in a science, engineering or related environmental, health, safety or product stewardship (EHS&S) discipline/degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in EHS&S or related technical disciplines, preferred.
- Experience managing EHS&S programs at retail store establishments, preferred.
- Technical skills in EHS programs with the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner; ability to negotiate with and influence key business partners.
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS&S risks in the workplace.
- Working knowledge of Safety regulations required. Knowledge of environmental and transportation regulations, preferred.
- Strong leadership skills a must; previous demonstrated supervisory / leadership experience is preferred.
- Strong compliance orientation with a focus on implementing EHS or Quality Management systems required.
- Ability to work in a matrix, team oriented environment.
- Must have interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to converse in Business Japanese is required
- Conversational and technical English language skills, preferred.
- Experience working with cross-functional projects preferred. Experience with integration projects, preferred.
- Experience with leadership - Ability to command authority and influence issue resolution, preferred.
- Self-motivated - Must be results-oriented and is able to independently create and deliver; Self-starter, with strong demonstration of ownership; Able to perform well under pressure, adapt to change, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Able to manage complexity, be prepared to get involved with technical issues at a detailed level. Have strong problem solving & decision-making skills and shows ability to drive issues to quick resolutions.
- Matrix organization - Know how to maneuver in a matrix organization, i.e. how to optimize resources and knowledge, partnering with cross-functional peers and local/regional/global team to deliver results.
- Position will have dotted line reporting relationship to Dr. Ci:Labo Senior Management and will report into EHS&S Multi-Country Senior Manager (A/NZ, Philippines and Japan)
- Initially position will work closely and take integration related direction from Johnson and Johnson EHS&S Integration Director
- Problem solving & decision making – Ability to search for “whys” and “hows” and think through relevant factors that might affect a situation, issue or opportunity prior to making important decisions or taking action.
- Collaborative Leadership - Have very strong interpersonal and partnering skills; ability to lead and influence teams within local & regional organizations, in & out of EHS&S functions); Able to build consensus and to work with others in achieving desired results and objectives.
- Process orientation – Have ability participate in management control and reporting activities; must be able to appreciate processes being carried out and be able to confidently challenge others at a level of informed understanding. Familiarity with stage gate processes is a plus.
Johnson & Johnson K.K. (8235)