The Johnson&Johnson Family of Companies makes a big difference in the health and well-being of people every day. We have more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing approximately 114,000 people. Our consumer products and medical devices and diagnostics impact the state of health care for patients, doctors, and nurses around the world. Currently for our Medical Devices & Diagnostics, we are looking for highly motivated candidate for the position of:
Governmental Affairs & Market Access Manager
As Governmental Affairs Manager YOU will:
Support Sales Strategies in shaping solutions and products value through deep environmental, products and medical knowledge, understanding needs of different stakeholders, both external (non-clinical and clinical) and internal (sales, marketing, KAM). This knowledge provides to solutions and value beyond their implementation costs, provide J&J with a competitive advantage and are implementable by the organization.
Main areas of responsibility / expected results / objectives of the role
- Can build access strategies based on health care knowledge and JnJ products value
- Can build a clear value proposition for JnJ products and medical areas trough medical and health economics knowledge
- Understands market access legislative processes related with reimbursement, accountable for writing/preparing the necessary submission documents to achieve reimbursement, drawing from the global submission/HTA dossier and identifying additional data needs and analyses to support the local submission
- Is able to initiate the reimbursement process even where legislative rules for MD local submission are not well established (majority CEE markets)
- Deeply understands reimbursement regulation for JnJ products and competitors and able to capitalize knowledge in proactive actions to ensure/improve access to JnJ products (tariffs adaptations)
- Deeply understands external stakeholders (clinical and non-clinical, public payers, patients organization, health care influencers)
- Translates health economics/HTA and market research data & analyses into strategy recommendations that drive growth
- Understand impact on business of HC environment, influencers, decision makers as well as competitors and develop Innovative strategies to address the impact
- Be capable of identifying policy trends and advise the company’s leadership of the possible impact of these trends.
- Develop relationships of trust and respect with key decision makers (NHF, MoH, influencers)
- Be capable of communicating important messages to key stakeholders (e.g. public savings from bariatric treatment or PLUS)
- Fully aware of the consultative and legislative process at governmental level related with JnJ business: calendar, milestones and persons involved
- Have full knowledge about the organizational structure and the development of the national health system; subdivisions, responsibilities, roles, functioning mechanisms and processes.
- Show good knowledge about macroeconomic parameters on national level; inflation, public debt, deficits, social and welfare expenditure, allocated funds etc
- Actively participate in the public debate on relevant issues; specifically, those related to MA of JnJ portfolio, recognizing the political sensitivity
- Be updated on public finance requirements to be able to diagnose possible corrective interventions which may impact on JnJ business
- Be able to summarize and communicate results of monitoring political and operational activities in the HC environment in a way that helps peers and leadership team identify topics of interest. Identify signs and early warnings to help set a foundation for business critical decisions.
- Capable to foresee significant emergencies in the market and handle these situations proactively
Data Creation/Health Economics/Medical knowledge
- Develop innovative Value Proposition based on HE and EBM to ensure and maintain market access of JnJ products.
- Understands health economics principles, is able to translates health economics language into strategy recommendations that drive growth
- Able to anticipate HE opportunities, where and if exists right space for HE in MD environment
- Know how about healthcare macroeconomic evaluations of the health scenario of a country: % of health spending in relation to the GDP, volume of state health expenditure, value of public health expenditure, allocation of health expenditure to different cost centres
- Develops and supports value added solution (including health economics in tactical plans for prioritized products)
- Identifies and recommends outcomes research methodologies
- Supports market research and competitive intelligence projects
- Proven ability to understand and clearly communicate scientific, health-care, legal and economic topics
- Well-developed understanding of external customers: payers/regulatory environment, including degree of market regulation (Health care reforms, Hospitals reforms, local and central environments)
- Extensive medical knowledge about JnJ products
- Evidence Based Medicine/ HTA approach and communication
- Strong analytical and business partner skills, customer oriented and strategic mindset
- Strong passion and track record for innovation & will to make things happen & deliver
- Ability to build respect and trust with customers, employees and internal stakeholders
- negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven ability to manage complexity & thrives in uncertain/ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to connect and effectively collaborate across a diverse group of business stakeholders in a highly matrixed environment
- Result oriented with strong prioritization skills and accuracy also under pressure
- Fluent in English
- Integrity and Credo-based leadership
- Self- awareness and adaptability
- An opportunity to be part of a global market leader.
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment.
- Many opportunities to work on challenging projects and assignments.
- Possibilities for further personal as well as professional development.
- Many employees benefits.
JOHNSON & JOHNSON ROMANIA S.R.L. (7159)