At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most substantial unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
Motivated by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen is a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson.
CAR-T is a completely new class of treatment, involving a complex process for the hospitals that will (i) play a meaningful role in the manufacturing process through cell collection and storage and (ii) deliver the treatment to patients and ensure appropriate follow-up. Several investigational CAR-T products will come to the market in the coming years, creating a new kind of burden for hospitals who will need to be certified. While clinical profile will remain essential, the user experience, and the ease of getting set up will play a big role in the choice of treatment.
Janssen’s objective for CAR-T is to deliver the best-in class Go-To-Market (GTM) to delight our partners and differentiate from competitors. Due to the nature of CAR-T and the necessity to build a different kind of relationships with hospitals, new roles are required to deliver the EMEA GTM.
Overall purpose of the role
The CTL is a business-level partner to the site CAR-T lead physician, hospital management and Quality team. He/she is responsible for developing the overall Janssen cell therapy site strategic plan, operating as One Face to the site for set up and certification, and responsible for delivering best in class experience. The CTL also acts as the key partner during operations and assist sites in ongoing capacity optimisation.
Main areas of responsibility – Pre-approval
- Develops overall Janssen cell therapy sites strategic plan
- Supports site selection/sizing potential and develops the business case for the site eligibility
- Activates sites and establishes relationships with key stakeholders/ decision makers for certification purposes only
- Facilitates transition of clinical sites into certified sites
2. Operates as One face to the site to enable outstanding experience during site setup & certification
- Develops site certification training strategy that is tailored to the site
- Coordinates all Janssen partners around sites, including the Site Certification Team, the EMEA COE and the OpCo/cluster medical teams
- Drives contracting process by working with legal professionals to ensure it is streamlined for hospital team
- Works with the Supply chain, quality, regulatory, legal, compliance and medical teams to establish site protocols and processes around CAR-T
- Ensures implementation of cell therapy operations into hospital guidelines
- Orchestrates delivery of site certification training, coordinating appropriate Janssen partners including supply chain and medical
- Coordinates final site certification
Main areas of responsibility – Post-approval
- Acts as key site partner during operations
- Facilitates contracting & economic processes
- Drives inclusion into Hospital formulary & contract negotiations
- Liaises with Janssen HEMAR to communicate value propositions to key hospital partners
- Monitors the contract execution
- Manages relationships with key hospital decision makers to ensure continued access to cell therapy, with support from market access representatives as needed
- Drives site resourcing discussions, orchestrating site capacity mapping and demand forecasts
- Monitors site performance, conducting site reviews with key Janssen and hospital partners
- Coordinates and monitors overall site operations using agreed metrics and reports to the CVT
- In collaboration with Cell Therapy coordinator, problem solves during ongoing operations – navigates Janssen network for direct access to appropriate resources
2. Proactively assist sites in ongoing optimization of processes and infrastructure, including:
- Assists sites in efficiency planning
- Supports sites in capacity expansion or new indications and workflow changes
- Coordinates ongoing site audits and inspections
- Advanced degree in life sciences and / or business
- Bio/pharma experience needed, haematology / oncology or cell therapy experience desired
- Experience in a CRO, as an MSL or in Supply Chain is appreciated
- At least 5 years of prior experience in key account management in a healthcare environment
- Project management, hospital experience and deep understanding of hospital operations
- Critical thinking, ability to implement business plans, strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to cultivate senior level relationships and build partnerships with partners
- Understanding of dynamics in complex organizations, strong project management skills and ability to influence people
- Strong TA, disease and product knowledge
- Languages: Dutch, French and English: spoken, written
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Cilag N.V./S.A. (7025)