|Health Economics & Market Access Center of Excellence (COE)|
Health Economics & Market Access (HEMA) is a critical element of our market access strategies to ensure success in an increasingly challenging market environment. New regulations, decision-making processes where the clinician is no longer the only player, and a concept of value which is more based on clinical and economic evidence for our technologies and solutions, make it a must that we equip ourselves with the required capabilities and convey a meaningful value-based message to our customers, in collaboration with cross-functional team. In addition, proactively monitor and shape access related environments and policies are critical. Within this context, the purpose of the role is to lead the Health Economics and Market Access activities in the country.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure reimbursement strategy development and implementation for new products as well as maintenance and optimizing reimbursement strategies for listed products.
• Accountable for setting the overall HEMA strategy for Taiwan, including all strategic and business planning as well as the development, management and tracking of Taiwan HEMA G&Os and budgets. Partners at the country level to align on priorities and resourcing for business objectives across all Business units and Country general manager.
• Proactively monitor and shape access/reimbursement/funding/HTA (Health Technology Assessment)/DRG (Diagnosis Related Group) related policies.
• Timely provide input to regional HEMA team for new product introduction based on local reimbursement and market access needs.
• Lead and direct HEMA teams in Taiwan. Develop and execute local organizational and talent strategy and talent development plans.
• Provide input into evidence generation strategy for new product development and identify local opportunities for Health Economic evidence generation if relevant.
• Support the adaptation and local approval of regionally developed HEMA tools, translating complex messages into simple statements that can easily be articulated by commercial team.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in healthcare industry, including HEMA experience.
• Demonstrated experience and/or expertise in following areas: Market access, Reimbursement, Health Policy, Health Technology Assessment, Diagnosis-Related Group.
• Proven ability to understand business strategy; translate it into HEMA solutions that support the company’s business goals
• Ability to work from strategy development through to execution and value creation in a dynamic organization.
• Proven leadership ability to effectively motivate and manage a team of professionals.
• Track record of working effectively to shape the market and influence key decision makers
• Proven ability of team work with local cross-functional team • Experience of managing budget
• Proficient language skills in English, both verbal and written
• Ability to manage multiple demands, with a systematic approach to prioritization and organization of resources.
• Experience working successfully in complex matrix environments
• Deeper understanding in healthcare sector, particularly Medical Device or Pharmaceuticals
• Advanced degree (MS, MPH, PhD, MHA, MBA) in healthcare or economics or outcomes research or healthcare related field is preferred
Key Partnerships (illustrative not exhaustive):
• Local Commercial organization
• Local Regulatory affairs
• Local Government Affairs
• Local Medical Affairs
• Regional and global HEMA
• External partnership: government and industry association
Johnson & Johnson Medical Taiwan Ltd. (8582)