The EMEA VAT Organization has responsibility for providing compliance, advisory services, business analytics and reporting in 22 countries across the Consumer EAME region. Johnson & Johnson Consumer EAME has sales of over $ 4 billion and sells approximately 100 different brands.
This role is an integral part of the EMEA VAT Organization and is an outstanding opportunity for a Tax analyst to join a multinational company as J&J.
The role is responsible for timely and accurate preparation and submission of the countries’ Indirect Tax return.
- Ensuring VAT postings are correct.
- The above includes working closely with the VAT team in Prague to identify and correct tax postings errors.
- To assist with responding to queries on VAT accounting.
- Complete master data for new material codes
- Complete forms to ensure that master data set ups for VAT are correct.
- Prepare miscellaneous VAT reconciliations and follow up outstanding items;
- To assist with VAT reports, VAT return submission and analysis.
- Management of the month/quarter/year end financial close process and taking care of issues as they arise;
- Assisting with Ad Hoc projects or tasks when required.
- Ensure strong internal controls are in place, in order to achieve “adequate” internal and external audit ratings.
- Accurate and timely month-end reporting. Meet all corporate and regional deadlines.
To carry out all monthly VAT compliance tasks for several J&J entities including analytical VAT transaction-code reviews, preparation and posting of the VAT journals, as well as performing Balance Sheet accounts reconciliations.
- Trainee accountant with a minimum of 2 years financial experience.
- Fluent English essential.
- Other languages within the EAME region advantageous.
- Work experience in a financial environment, including some exposure to VAT and SAP.
Skills & Competencies:
- Takes personal responsibility for delivering results
- Sense of Urgency:
- Quickly assimilates and digests information
- Works to keep updated on the Tax legislation
- Seeks opportunities to learn and grow professionally
- Accepts responsibility for and learns from his/her own mistakes
- Works effectively with people that have diverse styles, talents, and ideas
- Demonstrates ability to work with teams and individuals
- Appreciates and uses constructive criticism
- Listens effectively and remains open to other’s ideas
- Contributes to teamwork across the organization
J&J Consumer Services EMAE., Ltd (8675)