In India, Johnson & Johnson operates as a single legal entity and consists of the 3 strategic business units: Consumer Products, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices & Diagnostics, which are independently managed and report into their respective Global business segments.
J&J Medical India (JJMI) is the market leader in the Medical Company Devices & Diagnostics Industry in India. It is in the business of caring and providing solutions to doctors, patients and nurses. It comprises of multiple Franchises (Strategic business units) providing healthcare solutions across Vision Care, Orthopaedics, Infection Prevention, Wound Management, Women’s health, minimally invasive surgery, Circulatory disease management, and Blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery.
The role is responsible to Lead a team of BIOSAMs in the region and be responsible for region business plan delivery for BIOSURGERY. Responsible for building relationship with customers (Health Care Professionals and Retailers) for developing the business in the region for the franchise, in a manner consistent with the CREDO, company policy and goals, and in line with franchise direction. This may involve developing new businesses, expanding into new territories and establishing new dealer network. Develops and implements sales strategies and objectives. Has in-depth knowledge for the products responsible, Strong knowledge of Retail and HCPs, a good understanding of other J&J products and service offerings. Has in-depth knowledge customer's needs and sharpened competitive knowledge and market trends. Through effective leadership, inspires leads, directs, motivates, coaches and develops sales team to achieve/exceed sales target. Works with all levels of customer management, developing long-term positive customer relationships to increase customer satisfaction, and build loyalty and confidence in J&J Medical as a preferred supplier.
- Lead a team of BIOSAMs in the region and be responsible for region business plan delivery for BIOSURGERY
- Sell franchise products within the region
- Understand customers’ needs and market potential, and set direction, strategies and plans to expand market and realise market potential
- Lead negotiations optimising contractual opportunities which cement long-term supply arrangements.
- Analyse sales reports to proactively identify opportunities and at risk, re-prioritize resources to maximise sales opportunities
- Establish a monitoring system to ensure compliance with the sales plan on volume, price and value objectives for products
- In-depth understanding of current and future customers needs and translate them into sales opportunities with the help of the team
- Direct coverage expansion and conversion.
- Work in the field with each team member to achieve effective coverage of key accounts; maintain high level of customer rapport and reinforce company's commitment to superior customer services
- Analyze competitive market environment base on thorough knowledge of competitor's structure, culture, manpower, distribution, capabilities and weakness, as well as thorough knowledge of customer's support and preferences for competitive products and services
- Base on customers short and long term needs, competitive threats/environment, and current and future market trends, conduct SWOT analysis for the territory responsible
- Based on results of SWOT analysis, set direction, strategies and plans for the territory/region/key accounts, to achieve dept/functional goals; communicate plans and ensure they are understood by the team and related sales/marketing groups
- Develop a sales plan for each territory; set realistic attainable sales objectives by customer and product groups, and by monthly/quarterly/annual targets
- Has expert knowledge of sales process and expert selling skills to make effective sales call, to teach others and to improve current selling process
- In-depth understanding of internal organization (J&J) resources, priorities and needs, relating to the business operations and achievement of sales plan
- Administrative responsibilities like HCC, A&SP and other activities with help of branch assistant.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all levels of customers to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- Research and identify key customer's critical success factors as a basis for identifying innovative sales and service opportunities which will deliver improved customer business performance and healthcare outcomes
- Direct the development/implementation of strategies and plans to increase customer satisfaction, confidence and loyalty
- Design innovative customer support services/tender arrangements including E-initiatives and optimal use of company value-added services
- Set up appropriate systems, e.g., regular meetings with customers to obtain their feedback and monitor customer perceptions, and use feedback to improve performance
- Ensure compliance with the "Customer Complaints Procedure"; customer issues/ complaints are attended to promptly and professionally to customer's satisfaction
- Ensure appropriate problem solving strategies are used by sales team when dealing with product or service difficulties
Internal Business Process
- Manage internal relationships and processes enabling flexibility and responsiveness in drawing on internal specialists, accessing information and support as needed
- Optimise sales results through close alignment and cooperation with Franchise Marketing team
- Use internal resources and own working knowledge of supply chain processes and principles of Health Economics as a basis for identifying opportunities for service innovation
- Work with/involve appropriate functions when developing sales incentives programs
- Judiciously manage operating expenses, (transportation, A&P, entertainment, travel) while ensuring sustainable productivity
- Monitor inventory level to meet inventory level objectives; ensure inventory levels are adequate in major product categories in accordance with inventory objectives
- Identify specific actions to improve job performance in specific areas
- Participate in nominated training programs
- Active self-learning strategies to maintain knowledge
- Focused effort to achieve high levels of performance in knowledge tests and competency assessments related to training
- Post-graduation Degree in Business Management from premier institutes only (Batch- 2014, 2015, 2016) (Preferred, Not mandatory)
- Preferably 8+ years’ experience in B2B Sales & Marketing (Pharma, Healthcare, FMCG)
- 1-2 years in people manager role (Preferred, Not mandatory)
Johnson & Johnson Private Limited (8080)