At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most substantial unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
Motivated by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen is a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson.
The role of a Medical Advisor (MA) Haematology is to be a therapeutic area scientific authority, responsible for discussing our products, patient treatment trends and studies in the therapeutic areas in which we are involved, on a peer-to-peer basis with a defined audience of external clinical and non-clinical partners (Physicians, Pharmacists, Hospital Managers, Board Members of Scientific Societies, and other partners) to champion and adjust, if needed, the overall partner mapping and Cluster Value Team (CVT) strategy. An MA is to be considered a trusted scientific counterpart and reciprocal partner.
The MA is responsible for translating the CVT strategy into country-specific tactics and tools and implementing them together with the Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL) within the assigned therapeutic area (TA).
Reporting to the Medical Affairs Therapeutic Area Lead of the assigned therapeutic area. The Medical Affairs Therapeutic Area Lead provides functional line management to MAs including setting objectives and performance reviews.
- To stay on top of medical and scientific knowledge and continuously update his/her knowledge of products, compounds in development and clinical activities within the TA
- Raise general disease awareness within the TA and identify patient treatment trends and needs for current and future indications
- Identify evolving scientific concepts with future clinical implications
- Be a scientific guide within the TA, a trusted counterpart and a reciprocal partner aiding and working together in shaping the treatment landscape
- Accountable for evidence-generating activities, planning, design and execution in close co-operation with Global Clinical Operations (GCO), Medical Affairs Operations (MAO) and external service provider (ESPs) ultimately resulting in data publication
- Receive and lead investigator proposals for investigator-initiated studies (IIS) and ensure they are discussed within the Medical Affairs department for decision
- Take on role of Study Responsible Physician/Scientist (SRP/SRS) where applicable, including Clinical Study Report (CSR) responsibilities
- Support post-marketing surveillance, risk management plans, medical need programs, patient support programs etc
- Provide medical input into the CVT and align with business planning & strategy
- Scientific degree: Medical Doctor, PhD, pharmaceutical or other biomedical degree
- Minimum 3-5 years experience within Medical Affairs in the pharmaceutical industry or equal
- High customer focus with an understanding of the importance of business results and in problem-solving
- Excellent analytical, communication, and presentation skills for interaction with external and internal customers and partners
- Able to work in a team and independently: show leadership, influencing and negotiation skills
- Awareness of, and adherence to, Johnson & Johnson Credo values and International Health Care Business Integrity Guidelines
- Willing to stay in sync with regulatory requirements and with company policy on business integrity
- Eye for business: understanding of business administration and translation into tactical plans and tools
- Critical thinking to promote growth, process improvement and gaining high-reaching advantage
- Deep knowledge of the therapeutic area and experience in interpretation of medical and research data
- Ability to work in a matrix and collaborate to generate impact in a complex and changing environment
- Languages: Dutch and English: spoken, written
- Computer skills: knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen-Cilag Netherlands (8345)