Scientist / Senior Scientist (F/M) – Discovery Process Research, Beerse, Belgium
Janssen Research & Development seeks to bring treatments in six therapeutic areas of unmet medical needs. The Janssen campus in Beerse, close to Antwerp, (Belgium) has a unique ecosystem covering the complete drug development life cycle, with all capabilities from basic science to market access on one campus. Our Discovery Process Research team focusses on developing syntheses for innovative small molecule therapeutics to treat diseases like Alzheimer’s disease, various types of cancers and infectious diseases like Hepatitis B, influenza etc.
You will be responsible for conducting research directed to developing creative solutions to chemistry problems across a portfolio of projects in the discovery space, from lead identification through selection of development candidates. Our goal is to facilitate medicinal chemistry research by finding solutions to synthetic bottlenecks, enabling access to novel chemical space and translating chemistry innovations to the development of efficient routes for the synthesis of small molecule drug candidates advancing into development.
Your work will require state of the art synthetic organic chemistry skills and analytical chemistry techniques. You are expected to remain conversant with the modern chemical literature and to maintain a strong laboratory presence. Building and maintaining collaborations with colleagues in medicinal chemistry, chemical and pharmaceutical development as well as other adjacent functional areas of drug discovery and development are key to the role.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic people with the following profile:
• A PhD in Synthetic, Organic or Medicinal Chemistry. With Postdoctoral experience or up to 3 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical industry within the area of process chemistry preferred
• Experience in methodology development, catalysis, total synthesis or similar
• Proven track record of scientific excellence and successful research in Organic Chemistry supported by peer-reviewed publications
• Hands on knowledge of high throughput experimentation set-ups is considered a plus
• Ability to collaborate in a highly integrated environment
• Strong problem-solving skills for developing creative, innovative solutions, and meeting project objectives
• Highly motivated candidate with strong commitment to lab work
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, fluent in English both verbal and in writing
• We offer an exciting position in an international environment with continuous learning and growth opportunities
• Working on a site that harbors all aspects of the drug discovery and development process, located close to the vibrant city of Antwerp.
• We offer an attractive remuneration package with multiple extralegal benefits (for example hospital insurance, onsite gym facilities, and other health care incentives)
• Lastly we offer a team environment where diversity and different opinions are respected and valued, and the importance of a good work-life balance is recognized.
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously. As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth. Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested to apply for this position? Please upload your resume and CV online.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)