EHS&S Lead - DELIVER Belgium reports to the EHS&S Senior Manager, Belgium and in dotted line to the Site Operations Leads of the Courcelles, La Louvière and Beerse DELIVER sites, and to the EHS&S Regional lead, DELIVER EMEA. Location preference for this position is at Courcelles site with frequent travel to La Louvière and Beerse.
of this role is advising the J&J distribution warehouses in Belgium to
ensure they are taking all needed precautions to assure compliant activities
and are continuously improving their EHS&S programs to prevent severe
injuries, environmental damage and undesired health effects caused by
activities at the workplace.
- Influences and coaches the DELIVER Belgium leaders, line of supervision, employees and partners in taking up their legal and J&J EHS roles and responsibilities.
- Assist the DELIVER leadership teams of the 3 sites in developing and executing tactical plans to ensure compliance with legal and J&J requirements and implementing the enterprise wide and DELIVER specific strategy and programs. Works with DELIVER leaders to ensure adequate budget for EHS&S resources and services.
- Drives continuous improvement of EHS&S performance by sharing EHSS metrics and trend analysis with the leadership teams. Supports EHS&S Campus Belgium and the EHS&S Regional lead - DELIVER EMEA with EHS data reporting.
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement and faster forward to increase effectiveness/efficiency. Advises leadership on ways to improve outcomes and programs in their areas. Promotes the collaboration between the DELIVER sites to deploy best and proven practices and process improvements to continuously improve safety, health and environmental performance.
- Acts as EHS conscience of the DELIVER leadership teams in the Belgian sites, continuously challenging the effectiveness of EHSS processes and programs. Works with the leadership teams to identify and overcome performance barriers. When needed, escalates important issues and ongoing substandard performance to DELIVER and EHS&S management.
- Supports the DELIVER Belgium organizations in reporting, escalating and investigating severe incidents and near miss events and defining effective CAPAs.
- When required, is part of the emergency organization of the sites, and liaison to the Crisis Management Team of the Campus Belgium emergency organization.
- Supports the sites for and during EHS related inspections and audits.
- Together with the environmental expert, supports the sites to develop sustainability, recycling and waste initiatives.
- Works in multidisciplinary teams on risk assessments via different techniques (e.g; task risk analysis, machine risk assessment) and advises on implementing safety measures.
- Partners with the Global Health Services point of contact to facilitate the successful deployment of employee health and well-being requirements and programs across all DELIVER sites.
- In order to achieve the outcome mentioned above, develops and maintains strong collaborative relationships with DELIVER stakeholders and relevant other stakeholders – internal and external. Important stakeholders are
- Site Leadership of Courcelles, La Louvière and Beerse
- 3rd party logistic partner in Courcelles and La Louvière
- Engineering and Facilities department and their on-site contractors
- EHS Experts and other colleagues from EHS&S Campus Belgium
- GHS (Global Health Services)
- EHS&S Regional lead, DELIVER EMEA
- Local EHS authorities
Prevention advisor role:
- Executes the legal tasks of the prevention advisor as foreseen in the Belgian legislation and ensures ongoing validity of prevention advisor qualification.
EHS&S Campus Belgium role:
- As EHS Expert in the fields of Warehouse Safety and Internal Transport, offers advice to all Belgian sites.
- Participates in Campus Belgium EHS&S programs, projects and initiatives as team member or project lead.
- Feeds the Campus Belgium EHS&S department with business needs from the DELIVER sites for strategic and tactic support.
- Performs and reports internal audits according to the Campus Belgium internal audit schedule.
- Education level BA / BS/ BE required, and in addition,
- EHS education, i.e. Prevention advisor level 2 or equivalent as a minimum
- 3-5 years relevant EHS&S experience
- Work experience within the logistics/Warehousing environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership and coaching skills. Ability to negotiate with and influence key business leaders.
- Highly developed interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner to different levels in the organization.
- Ability to handle the complexity of working in a matrix organization.
Location of Role:
Language skills (spoken and written)::
- French: fluent
- English, Dutch: business level
- La Louvière: frequent travel up to 40%
- Beerse: travel up to 20%
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)