Overall Purpose of the Job
Strategic Leadership: To lead, in partnership with Global, Regional and Country cross-functions, the efforts in strengthening and implementing on the AP strategy to drive growth and penetration of lymphoma/leukaemia across the Asia Pacific region.
Integrated Cross Functional Brand Team for lymphoma/leukaemia: To support the Medical TA Lead, in partnership with Global, Regional and Country cross-functions, in developing and executing on the Hematology strategy involving NHL and other haematological malignancies.
Pipeline Leadership: To represent medical affairs in leading the activities related to pipeline products for lymphoma/leukaemia.
Talent and Capability Building: Mentor and role model for Country Medical Advisors and Scientific Liaisons to raise the quality of Medical Affairs and contribute to enhancing colleague engagement and talent retention for Hematology across Asia Pacific.
Integrated Cross Functional Brand Team: To support the Medical TA Lead in the lymphoma/leukaemia disease area and assets.
Scientific and Strategic Expert Leadership: To represent the collective voice of the AP region at Global Haematology forums (GMAT, CDT, other ad-hoc meetings). Leverage scientific and strategic expertise to provide medical leadership to regional-country cross-functional teams.
Strategy: Support the Medical TA Lead to develop and/or enhance AP Hematology Strategy in partnership with Global-Regional-Country cross-functional teams.
Integrated Evidence Generation Plan (IEGP): Support the Medical TA Lead to lead Regional-Country cross-functional teams, including MAF and Market Access, to derive IEGPs for the AP Region and individual, especially JACKI, countries. The Hematology Regional and Country IEGPs should relate seamlessly with the respective Global IEGPs.
Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs): Develop an AP KOL strategy for lymphoma/leukaemia in partnership with Global-Regional-Country cross-functions. Purposeful KOL engagements to gather critical insights to shape internal strategies as well as build strategic advocacy to advance our business goals.
Medical Activities: Lead, under the Medical TA Lead’s supervision, to implement on medical activities in a timely fashion within the allocated budget in collaboration with relevant Global-Regional-Country cross-functional teams. Some of these activities include, but are not limited to,
- Education: external events (e.g. symposia and Advisory Board) and internal medical training
- Publication: develop and implement on Publication Plan
- Safety: address product safety issues
- Regulatory: support regulatory filing
- Clinical Research: protocol review for company-sponsored and investigator-initiated studies. Conduct and support clinical trials in AP.
- Promotional Activities: review AP promotional activities/materials.
Strong Leadership: able to work independently with some supervision. A self-starter with a keen sense of ownership, commitment and accountability.
Team Player and Collaborator: able to build strong alliances across Regional-Country cross functions to achieve our common goals.
Thought Leadership: with support from the Medical TA Lead, able to think critically, analyse and solve complex issues. Strong strategic and scientific acumen.
Quality Performance: self-disciplined individual demanding high standards with quality deliverables.
Matrix Leadership: demonstrate flexibility and ability to thrive in ambiguity. Under supervision by Medical TA Lead, able to manoeuvre and lead within complex matrix environment through effective communication and influencing skills. Fluency in English is a must.
A healthy competitive and innovative spirit that constantly seeks to differentiate against our competitors and deliver greater value to our customers.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Medical degree and higher medical qualification are essential
- Haematology experience is a significant advantage
- 5+ years industry/business experience with a minimum of 3 years of experience in Medical Affairs – must be able to execute standard medical affairs activities independently with minimal supervision. Experience in research and development (R&D) a significant advantage
- 5+ years’ experience in clinical practice, preferably in Hematology
- Experience in the Asia Pacific region an advantage
The role is AP based and is likely to involve extensive AP and International travel.
The role holder will be expected to be based in Singapore OR his/her current country of residence in AP Region as long as easy access to travel/transportation and local hosting is available at a J&J office.
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)