GLOBAL CATEGORY DIRECTOR
Locations: Zug Switzerland - Bersee Belgium - Skillman NJ/USA
The purpose of the Global Category Director is to design and deliver global sourcing strategies for JNJs Flexible Packaging portfolio of engineered films, engineered foils and thermoform products with a spend of approx. $200MM
The global director is expected to be JNJs resident expert in primary flexible packaging and able to influence external suppliers to ensure business goals and objects are met over the short, medium and long term. The leader will achieve this by successfully partnering with end-to-end cross functional teams and BELs ensuring lowest TCO for the enterprise.
The Category Director, Primary Flexible Packaging will be responsible for leading a Procurement organization of ~5-6 resources in support of approximately $200MM in spend across the Johnson & Johnson Enterprise. Managing and optimizing the portfolio of technical materials requires close collaboration with key stakeholders within the business. This individual will identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement goals and strategies. Plan and direct the organization’s activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
He/She will provide Global and Regional Leadership for developing end-to-end category leadership such as category strategy development, maintaining key relationships within the business and managing key supplier relationships. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects, financial targets and innovation pipeline.
The Category Director’s scope of responsibilities includes:
- Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for primary films spend that will effectively meet the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J
- Provide direction on the improvement of material and supplier complexity
- Interface directly with CEO’s and other supplier leadership to assure alignment of JNJ’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Understands operational and technical considerations. Identifies business demand requirements and partners with Business Engagement Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Build and maintain relationships throughout JNJ that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurements goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an understanding of industry/market dynamics
- Escalate issues / inevitable risks that may impact the Global Procurement organization and/or the Supply Chain.
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management).
- Good understanding of End-tot-End supply chain, including various technologies and processes
- Strong technical and commercial understanding of packaging materials within a regulated environment (I.e. Health Care, Food, etc.)
- Multi-county and Multi sector experience preferred with experience across geographies of varied sizes and businesses.
- Strong leadership, vison setting, communication, influencing, collaboration and talent development skills are required
- Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary.
- Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues
- Customer Orientation (building and maintaining strong relationships with J&J senior Management
- Strong project and change management capabilities
- Strong ability to set strategy direction
- Strong Business Acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
- High level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, Category Management, Procurement Excellence, etc.)
- High level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community through category knowledge, depth and experiences
- Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain); has "presence"
- Strong financial acumen
- Proven track record in attracting and developing talent
- Prior successes in major change role as both architect and leading implementation
- Proven track record in leading cross-functional teams and executing significant influencing roles.
- Significant business acumen and proven team building skills
- Proven examples of delivering step function performance and ability to develop visions, strategies, etc. while managing reasonable risk
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment, while ensuring the organization can effectively and efficiently move through transitions.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, United States-New Jersey-Skillman
Cilag GmbH International (8525)