You want a new challenge to address and solve some of the most important unmet medical need in oncology by bringing innovative products, services and solutions to people living in South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa?
You want to be part of a company who drive and write the future of treatment with an incredible pipeline?
You want to be part of a team driven by our commitments to patients?
You want some further personal as well as professional development?
Join us at Janssen South Africa (pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson). Please visit www.janssen.com for more information.
We are looking for a Medical Affairs Manager for Oncology. As therapeutic area scientific expert for the Oncology portfolio (solid tumors and hematology) you have:
- To lead the local Medical Affairs team in oncology to realizing company goals through execution of the medical affairs plan
- To enhance the collaboration, support and communication between the Medical Affairs Team and relevant cross-functional stakeholders (HEMAR, Sales and marketing, …) for the oncology portfolio
- To develop and maintain connection with external stakeholders to discuss Janssen products, treatment trends & clinical studies through high quality scientific communication and projects
The responsibilities & the impact YOU will have:
- Coach and develop direct reports (Medical Scientific Liaisons (MSL) and Medical Education Project Specialist) to deliver the projects and tactics
- Champion a working environment within the medical team that cultivates open communication, high performance, diversity and inclusion, compliance and positive work-life balance
- To keep abreast of the latest medical and scientific knowledge in Oncology
- Support the sharing of knowledge to ensure expertise of the teams with training requirements, whilst acting as a reference point for scientific queries
- To lead the development of the Medical Affairs strategy and products plan, in line with the regional and local strategy
- Responsible for the execution and the budget follow-up of the plan
- Organize & participate in Medical Education activities & advisory boards
- Drive Early-Access Programs and data generation projects
- Support production of Medical Education programs and scientific materials
- Support as a medical and technical expert the access team
- Support Medical review and approval of market research and promotional materials on accordance with internal procedures and applicable external regulations
- Ensure representation and participation of South Africa in the internal regional meetings
- Develop and maintain connection with external stakeholders to discuss Janssen products, treatment trends & clinical studies through high quality scientific communication and projects
- This position requires a minimum of advanced medical/scientific degree (MBChB or MD, PharmD, PhD)
- A Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience within the pharma industry, medical affairs or oncology (that could be potentially MSL, Medical Manager or Advisor but also Medical Affairs experience working with clinics, hospitals or medical schemes)
- Clear understanding of the Oncology strategy
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Collaboration and teamwork spirit
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Communication and proactivity
- External focus and relationship
Janssen Pharmaceutica (Pty.) Ltd. (8490)