Caring for the world, one person at a time has encouraged and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
The Supplier Contracting Services Manager is responsible for managing the contract execution process, from receipt of the contract request through supplier signature; perform the review of contract requests, gathering any additional required information; choosing and populating appropriate templates; driving supplier negotiations on legal T&Cs, managing redlines/contract draft versions, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures in processing contract requests and engaging the appropriate support as needed. In case of required escalation to Law Department or other SMEs, this role will put together and discuss recommendations for resolution.
The Supplier Contracting Services Manager will develop strong, valuable working relationships with internal/ external customers and suppliers and demonstrate sound management of assigned contracts; will deal with contracts (but not limited to) Master Services Agreements, consulting agreements, product supply agreements, confidentiality agreements, certain licensing agreements and other general and HCC related agreements. The engagements have a financial impact that ranges from several thousand to several million dollars!
- Manage the contract execution process, from receipt of the contract request through supplier signature for complex agreement types.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert in the team and cross-functional partners.
- Develop and deliver training for the team, and cross-functional partners.
- Mentors/coaches other team members.
- Participate in decision-making exercises, manage and prioritize a high volume of complex contract requests.
- Provide SME escalation support and expertise to business partners and associated teams.
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of contract drafting, reviewing, and negotiation process.
- Collaborate with Contract Attorneys, Procurement, HCC, Finance, and other functions in order to accomplish this task.
- Assist in developing business strategic initiatives, identifying and implementing process improvements and other solutions that resolve long cycle times as well as deviations to policies and associated activities.
- Required BS and/or Paralegal OR 6 years of related business experience in Commercial Contracting, sourcing is required. Preferred area of study Procurement, Contract Law, Finance or Commercial business.
- Strong experience in leading the negotiation of commercial agreements.
- Experience in the Healthcare industry and contract management certification is preferred.
- Ability to provide consultation and lead the negotiation.
- Strong contract drafting, preparation, review, and negotiation skills required.
- Possess working knowledge of company business and subject matter, understanding of business requirements and their impact on contract terms & conditions.
- Ability to interpret contract provisions and determine acceptability consistent with company policy is required.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to quickly and positively influence others without direct authority.
- Possess strong teamwork, relationship management, interpersonal, communication, negotiation, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Good problem-solving ability and administrative skills required.
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills required. PowerPoint preferred.
- Validated ability to deal tactfully and confidently with internal and external customers.
- Strong ability to coach and train others on contracting matters and principles.
- Exercise independent judgment and decision making with minimum input from a manager.
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee, we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously. As part of a global team in an innovative environment, your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on job training, various projects, and programs, we ensure your personal growth. Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)