Shopper Marketing Executive - Full Time
Reporting to Senior Shopper Marketing Manager / Self Care Shopper Marketing Manager
Who Are We:
Profound Change Requires Boldness. Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most broadly-based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day and have been for the last 130 years. The combination of new technologies and your expertise enables amazing things to happen. Teams from J&J’s consumer business are crafting digital tools to help people track the health of their skin. Those working in medical devices are 3-D printing artificial joints personalized for each patient, while researchers in pharmaceuticals use AI to discover lifesaving drugs. Inspire what the rest of our team of 134,000 people at 260 companies in more than 60 countries across the world is accomplishing. We redefine what it means to be a big company in today’s world.
To find out more about who we are, take look at these videos:
Our vision is to be the outstanding Health & Wellness organization by demonstrating our commercial strategy to deliver competitive advantage and value creation for the consumer, customer and J&J. And as part of one of the largest and most diverse healthcare companies in the world, our brands use the company’s world-class research tools and scientific prowess to provide consumers across the globe with innovative consumer medicines, skin, baby and essential health solutions. We seek to meet the health needs of families everywhere through a broad range of well-known and trusted health products. At Johnson & Johnson we have a truly outstanding brand portfolio with power brands across multiple categories including but not limited to Johnson’s®, Neutrogena®, Nicorette®, Clean & Clear®, Listerine®, Calpol®, and Sudafed®.
The Shopper Marketing team is tasked with driving J&J’s business through effective engagement and conversion of shoppers at the point of purchase (POP). This is through the flawless amplification and execution of Brand Marketing plans as well as development of retailer / channel specific co-marketing initiatives.
The Shopper Marketing Executive is part of a wider Shopper Marketing team of 7 team members. Their overall responsibility is to:
- Deliver Shopper executions which reflect the shopper’s needs and are strategically tailored across the path to purchase.
- Develop and translate customer and shopper insights into creative impactful activation to be implemented across channels.
- Jointly build UK customer / channel specific Shopper Marketing plans to deliver category / brand solutions
- Develop and translate customer and shopper insights into differentiated co-marketing opportunities with specific UK customers / channels.
- Supporting initiative planning and strategy for specified brands.
- Future initiative toolkit development with Global team when lead market.
- Creation and deployment of brand initiative style guides for UK.
- Claims and visual development and pre-store testing.
- The in-store activation of priority initiatives in their defined channel / customers. They will lead the work to build and deliver Shopper Marketing Plans for J&J within their customers and ensure consistency of message and brand imagery.
- Supporting retailer brand planning days across GFOs for their channel / customers.
- Driving critical thinking for retail specific “amplification”.
- Delivering co-marketing / differentiated opportunities as identified.
- Brands assigned for specific role.
- NPI launches, differentiated retailer initiatives, event plans and monthly activity linked with retailer promotional plans.
- Internally and externally facing role.
- Internal Stakeholders: Shopper Project Manager, Shopper Marketing Managers, Commercial Strategy, Marketing, Category Development, Customer Development, Global GFO teams
- External Stakeholders: Retailers, Retailer agencies, Creative agencies
- Execution in current year and planning for next.
- All UK categories and designated channel / customers.
Execution with Excellence:
- Be a Shopper Activation expert for assigned brands, amplifying priority initiatives to maximise J&Js share.
- Develop and implement a compelling POP plan for all identified initiatives as well as supporting the retailer’s promotional activity programme.
- Understand the path to purchase for assigned brands and categories to produce suitable instore materials and make strategic recommendations that unlock the purchase barriers.
- Ensure all POS delivered has a clear call to action for the shopper, is impactful, clear to read, aligned to brand equity (style guide) and addresses shopper purchase barriers to deliver increased sales.
- Develop clear style guides in conjunction with Lead countries to ensure consistency in execution across the retail trade as well as brand and regulatory approvals are met.
- Deploy style guides for use where the UK is lead market.
- Engage and work in collaboration with J&J Legal, Reg’s and Medical teams to ensure product claims are developed within set parameters, whilst influencing the outcome.
- Continually improve the quality of POS presence instore, benchmark versus competitors, learn from market standard methodology and innovate.
- Deliver Shopper Activation evaluations for all Gold initiatives, using results to resolve best return on investment activities and drive year on year improvements.
- Development and translation of customer and shopper insights into Shopper Marketing opportunities with specific customers/channels
- Develop strong relationships with the customer(s) at a marketing and activation level as to drive commitment and ensure outstanding support for J&J innovation and initiatives and where identified co-marketing opportunities
- Determine appropriate investment with designated Channel / Customer Teams to ensure delivery and excellence of in-store activation.
- Provide quality and timely briefs for external agencies and engage fully and swiftly to ensure an outstanding output and strong working relationships and on budget executions.
- Drive high quality relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring they understand what is meaningful to the shopper at the POP and what J&J need to deliver effectively along the path to purchase.
- Lead shopper marketing input into all parts of the IBP process providing clear mentorship on how to win at the POP and incorporating understanding on shoppers, category, customer, competition, channel and external environment to help shape go to market plans for their assigned brands.
- Control and optimise shopper marketing budget allocated.
- Responsibility for deploying the Shopper Activation budget for assigned brands, that will help drive our brand objectives and unlock the purchase barriers, across the path to purchase.
- Budget to be kept updated and return on investment on all expenditure to be reviewed and plans developed accordingly.
- Proposed plan for the full year to be aligned with Marketing and Customer Development partners.
- Experience in in-store communications and trade/retail marketing required.
- Strong partner management including third-party agencies.
- Experience working with High street and Grocery retailers preferred
- Experience working with Medical Affairs (PAGB), and Regulatory teams would be an advantage
- Commerciality, Innovation, Creativity, Project Management and a passion and flair for retail execution.
- Positively fosters Shopper Marketing across the business.
- Eagerly accepts stretch goals – winning attitude.
- Ability to develop positive relationships across multiple partners.
- Ability to manage multiple projects often to tight timescales and prioritise and mobilise a team behind these based on business importance.
Insights & Action:
- Executes with excellence.
- Deep understanding of shopper needs / data.
- Demonstrates a clear bias for action on priorities.
- Moves with speed to deliver results.
- Ability to make timely and effective decisions.
- Commercial and Financial acumen, excellent understanding of return on investment, using all to inform decision making.
- Regulatory and compliance focused.
- Recognised as an experienced resource for their brand teams and adapts actions accordingly.
- Thorough knowledge of retail environment.
- Understanding of retailer requirements and how to win in store.
Johnson & Johnson Limited (8700)