Johnson & Johnson Global Services in Asia Pacific is currently recruiting for a Senior Compliance Manager located in Manila, Philippines.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. J&J continues to thrive on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Global Services Compliance is currently an organization of approximately 110 individuals primarily based in regional shared service centers that provide compliance activities and accounting services to both our Global Services Finance Function and various sectors at Johnson & Johnson. At this time, Finance compliance activities supported for both Global Services and our Business Unit Finance Management Reporting Companies (MRCs) consist of Sarbanes Oxley 404 Testing & Monitoring, Training & Awareness, Advisory & Consultation, Audit Support, Due Diligence Reviews, Corrective Action & Design of Controls, Operational Activities, and User Access Management.
As the Global Services Senior Compliance Manager, he/she will be responsible to provide strong leadership and oversight within the execution of the Finance compliance activities mentioned above to ensure financial compliance is meting standards across Asia Pacific. He/She will provide strong leadership to a team of approximately 6 direct reports and 44 indirect reports. The role will also partner very closely with regional compliance teams, regional service delivery teams, senior leadership, Corporate Internal Audit (CIA), and external auditors. Lastly, the role will report directly to the Global Finance Compliance Director who is currently based in New Brunswick, NJ.
- Sarbanes Oxley 404 (Documentation, Testing, and Monitoring): Includes updating SOX 404 documentation, creation of test plans, executing testing, facilitator / owner of BRAVO Certification, corrective action items, and coordination of status meetings for Management Reporting Companies not under CIA’s governance.
- Training & Awareness: Develop, design, and execute compliance trainings. Trainings can consist of general technical trainings (Corporate Services) vs. specific GS /BU trainings (GS Compliance).
- Advisory & Consultation: Answering questions, internal projects, business partnering with key stakeholders, and adoption of Internal Control Handbook, Worldwide Procedures, Desktop Procedures, along with performing High Level Risk Assessments.
- Audit Support: Assists with facilitation and execution all internal and external audits. Examples include status update meetings, identifying key contact owners, etc.
- Due Diligence Reviews: Testing of key controls as part of Enterprise Standard Productivity (ESP) transitions, acquisitions, etc. This also includes documentation and mapping of DCMs / Handoffs, etc.
- Corrective Action & Design of Controls: Remediation & implementation of Corrective Action Plans (CAPs), Design of Controls, and facilitation of CAP status & updates.
- User Access Management: Execution of preventive & detective UA/SOD Controls (e.g. granting, facilitating, appropriateness & semi-annual reviews).
- Talent Management: As needed, continue to recruit, develop, and retain a robust team for transitional go-lives & base business deliverables. Talent management conversations completed with direct reports. Robust feedback provided to direct and indirect reports. Adhering to the Global Competency Model
- Requires a minimum of 8-10 years of experience managing compliance activities within large global companies, including responsibility for and in-depth functional knowledge of finance key controls within core areas such as Cash, Financial Reporting, Fixed Assets, Hedging, Intercompany, Inventory, Payments, Revenue, and User Access Management.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership and influencing skills in managing base business deliverables and communication to all key stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact skillfully and confidently with internal stakeholders and colleagues to develop ideas, identify opportunities, and influence outcomes.
- Ability to work in a team based environment as a model of customer service, teamwork, and leadership. Readiness to work with team members to ensure coverage for our customers. Attention to detail is a must.
- Experience with multiple ERP systems (e.g. SAP, JDE, GRC)
- Demonstrated ability to successfully provide constructive feedback and coach team regarding difficult situations, while providing line of sight to desired outcomes and standards
- Ability to excel in a team environment using conflict resolution; problem solving, strong leadership, modeling and facilitation skills.
Accounting, Finance, or related business degree from University
CPA, CIA, CMA, MBA or equivalent preferred
This position will engage internal and external partners to ensure financial compliance and efficiencies within both Global Services Asia Pacific and related operating companies. Strategic initiatives will be developed to ensure a J&J worthy experience to employees and managers. This role must manage his or her duties with an end-to-end process awareness and attention to upstream and downstream implications; consequently, effective partnership with peers within the service center, J&J colleagues outside the service center, and any third party providers is critical.
Travel Requirements: This job will be performed within a corporate office environment based in Global Services (Manila, Philippines), with some travel requirements (Approximately 10%).
Johnson & Johnson International (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. - ROHQ