Space Planning Executive - Northern Europe
Reporting to Northern European Space Planning Manager
Who Are We:
Profound Change Requires Boldness. Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most broadly-based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day and have been for the last 130 years. The combination of new technologies and your expertise enables amazing things to happen. Teams from J&J’s consumer business are crafting digital tools to help people track the health of their skin. Those working in medical devices are 3-D printing artificial joints personalized for each patient, while researchers in pharmaceuticals use AI to discover lifesaving drugs. Inspire what the rest of our team of 134,000 people at 260 companies in more than 60 countries across the world is accomplishing. We redefine what it means to be a big company in today’s world.
To find out more about who we are, take look at these videos:
Our vision is to be the outstanding Health & Wellness organization by demonstrating our commercial strategy to deliver competitive advantage and value creation for the consumer, customer and J&J. And as part of one of the largest and most diverse healthcare companies in the world, our brands use the company’s world-class research tools and scientific prowess to provide consumers across the globe with innovative consumer medicines, skin, baby and essential health solutions. We seek to meet the health needs of families everywhere through a broad range of well-known and trusted health products. At Johnson & Johnson we have a truly outstanding brand portfolio with power brands across multiple categories including but not limited to Johnson’s®, Neutrogena®, Nicorette®, Clean & Clear®, Listerine®, Calpol®, and Sudafed®.
Position Description Summary
The Space Planning Executive plays a key role within the Category Development and Space Planning Team. Responsible for the day to day running of Space Planning, the SPE is accountable for keeping Space Planning foundations up to date and for delivering key Space Planning reports.
- Internally & externally facing role
- Key stakeholders: Customer Development, Category Development, Perfect Store & Marketing Teams
- Maintain a full archive “Planogram Library” of all available planograms for all retailers across all GFO’s
- Liaise with Cat Dev Managers to ensure that as soon as new planograms are available , a copy is taken of the original and filed in the Planogram Library
- Build and maintain planograms in Space Planning for retailers where only PDF copies of planograms are available , ensuring these are updated as soon as new PDF planograms are available
- Where customers do not share planograms, a sample suite of planograms will need to be built from store photos
- Maintain the image libraries for all GFO’s ensuring that all images are kept up to date
- Use Brandbank to ensure that all “new” images are downloaded and saved into the relevant product libraries
- Maintain and update a list of missing images for all GFOs
- Lead product libraries across all GFO’s ensuring that all products present on a planogram are in the relevant product library and use Nielsen data to ensure that products are fully and accurately attributed and up to date
- Liaise with Cat Dev Managers to ensure key Space Planning reporting and tracking documents are updated after each RR
- Category Shelf Health Reviews – liaise with relevant Cat Dev Mgr to update after each RR. SPME to update & cat dev mgr to add commentary
- UK Exec Summary Shelf Health Reviews – update after each RR, full update x1 a year after all POG’s received for season
- Build planograms in Space Planning for research/virtual reality software
- Be able to confidently use JB Communications Virtual Store – loading planograms, re-designing layouts and store flow etc.
- Licencing – Keep list of licence holders up to date (max limit 18)
- New Starters – Configure new starters Space Planning software
- Reporting - Maintain internal Space Planning charts, tables and highlights. Ensure all naming conventions are appropriate and that all are filed in the correct area
- Support the Space Planning Manager with the delivery of training for new starters and the continued Space Planning Training for Category Development Managers
- Update the Space Planning Software Guide as necessary
- Update training trackers (Self assessments & course attendance)
- Become the ‘go to’ person for JDA Space Planning
- Identify and progress areas for personal development
- Review competitor displays and industry-wide best practice to ensure J&J displays are continually improved and reflect best practice
- Provide Space Planning and Merchandising Manager with quarterly update of “new” display methods, fixturisation (kit), trends and best practice that could be translated to J&J displays
- Support business projects when there is a Space Planning Element –For example, New Product Launches and packaging changes
- Support the Category Development team with major Space Planning Projects
- Support with Pre-Plan and CD Briefs where required.
- JDA Space Planning – planogram system (not essential)
- Microsoft Office, in particular Excel & Powerpoint
- Maintain an awareness of the external environment, adding value and insights
- Using insights to uncover important and unmet needs
- Facilitate engagement and collaboration across levels
- Contribute to innovative and effective solutions adding value to existing and new processes
- Positively challenge the status quo and adapt to change
- Take accountability for own performance and development as well as supporting others development
- Engage in transparent and constructive conversations contributing to a high performing team
- Act with speed, flexibility and accountability to achieve goals
- Manage priorities effectively to deliver expected results
Your rare talents and perspectives can make a vital contribution to creative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. At Johnson & Johnson, our company's ethical character is defined by our people. We strive to attract people with strong, positive values and we develop, reinforce and reward those values. With good career development opportunities, we are the world's sixth largest consumer company and can demonstrate an excellent range of benefits. If our ethos is aligned to your values, then this could be the best career move you'll make.
Johnson & Johnson Limited (8700)