Profound Change Requires Boldness. Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most broadly-based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day and have been for the last 130 years. The combination of new technologies and your expertise enables amazing things to happen. Teams from J&J’s consumer business are creating digital tools to help people track the health of their skin. Those working in medical devices are 3-D printing artificial joints personalized for each patient, while researchers in pharmaceuticals use AI to discover lifesaving drugs. Imagine what the rest of our team of 134,000 people at 260 companies in more than 60 countries across the world is accomplishing. We redefine what it means to be a big company in today’s world.
You will be part of a team responsible for fostering a vibrant innovation ecosystem through the discovery and development of new approaches and business models to address health challenges disproportionately affecting people in low-resource settings around the world.
We anticipate that the successful candidate will be an Analyst or Associate from a venture capital, growth equity, leveraged buy-out fund, investment bank, corporate business development, or Foundation with experience in deal sourcing, execution and company engagement and a deep interest in principal investing and belief in the foundation’s mission to drive innovative social impact.
You will report to the Global Director, Social Innovation & Investment, Global Community Impact and will be part of the team responsible for the newly launched J&J Impact Ventures platform and growing the impact investment portfolio. You will work with a global team and contribute to its mission to support and champion people on the front lines of care. The person will be based in High Wycombe, U.K.
Impact Investing & Innovative finance are core platforms to support the Global Community Impact strategy to support and champion people on the front lines of care.
- Source and manage investment pipeline opportunities.
- Lead investment and impact deal teams that include program technical experts, legal and investment colleagues to execute new investment
- Research and develop strong investment thesis, performing initial evaluation, participating in shaping conversations with company, determining investment structuring, leading the due diligence process and financial modelling, and negotiating definitive legal documentation.
- Present investments to Investment Advisory Committee and J&J Foundation Board of Directors.
- Manage and monitor portfolio investments and facilitate interactions between investees, strategic impact teams and enterprise.
- Participate in team piloting innovative finance and blended finance models in the health space.
- Be a hub of insights and global trends related to health, innovative finance, and impact investing in health.
- A minimum 5 years of experience in field(s) of venture capital, growth equity, leveraged buy-out fund, investment bank, or corporate business development
- An advanced degree in business administration or finance, or commensurate experience.
- Proven track record of creativity, and innovative practices and programs
- Experience in deal sourcing, execution and company engagement and a deep interest in principal investing
- Living and/or working in low resource settings or significant engagement with local and global development-related context and challenges is highly desired and valued.
- Experience working in impact investing strongly preferred
- Experience working in a large multi-national company and global corporate function a plus
- Experience working in a decentralized and matrixed environment a plus
- Financial or social investment acumen; Self-starter with ability to manage entire deal process from origination, sourcing, business model and financial due diligence, deal structuring, execution and portfolio management.
- Nimble generalist with desire to be a catalyst for change, and ability to be a quick study in multiple health topic areas.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, and innovative thinker who can also translate ideas into practical applications.
• Understanding of organizational growth, scale, and investment in non-profit & for-profit world
- Balance of analytical rigor skills and compassion for human health
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization
What type of mark will you make?
Your rare talents and perspectives can make a vital contribution to improve the lives of people everywhere. At Johnson & Johnson, our company's ethical character is defined by our people. We strive to attract people with strong, positive values and we develop, reinforce and reward those values. If our ethos is aligned to your values, then this could be the best career move you'll make.
Johnson & Johnson is a supporter of equal opportunities and is a proud member of Disability Confident.
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe-
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)