Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for an Assistant Manager/Manager, Global Brand Protection, ASPAC located in Shanghai Office.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 132 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.45 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 134,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
We are thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Global Brand Protection (GBP) organization is responsible for delivering end-to-end protection to safeguard patients, consumers, customers, the integrity of our brands and our business. The position reports into the ASPAC Director, Global Brand Protection
Assistant Manager/ Manager will engage with GBP ASPAC Regional Director, GBP Global Pharm/MD Segment Director and other Global Brand Protection team including in the regions, to develop, leverage and implement strategic initiatives primarily in, but not limited to the following areas:
Supply Chain Integrity: Primary responsibility is to partner with
the business to implement the Johnson & Johnson endorsed set of Safe &
Secure Supply Chain Best Practices, assess vulnerabilities within the supply
chain, and identify solutions to mitigate risks.
Technology Solutions: This individual will provide a support role to the Global Brand Protection Technology and Innovation group and helps to provide coordination of the implementation of brand protection technology capabilities and solutions in ASPAC region for Pharm/MD sector. The technology focus areas are concentrated into product protection, market monitoring (market surveys, internet monitoring, and sample purchasing), and data & analytics.
Incident Management: As incidents of illicit trade (counterfeiting, tampering, and diversion) are reported to Business Quality, the Assistant Manager/Manager will work with the Director, Global Brand Protection, Pharm/MD, as subject matter expert within the Business Quality led cross-functional Incident Management Team (IMT), The Assistant Manager/Manager shall also follow the Global Brand Protection Incident Resolution Process (IRP) to analyze and prioritize incident data to identify actions to mitigate risk. In addition, the Assistant Manager/Manager will record the estimated financial impact of illicit trade as well as the projected/actual revenue recovered from counter-measures and update scorecards for Pharm/MD sector of ASPAC.
Customs recordation and training: support GBP’s Customs program to stop the illicit trade across the borders, manage the Customs recordation and trainings as required, work with Customs authorities on notifications/inspection/seizures.
Awareness and Education: Ensure appropriate knowledge of the risks and mitigating measures is communicated broadly, both to internal associates and where appropriate, externally to trading partners and customers.
In addition, the Assistant Manager/Manager will participate as a subject matter expert on workgroups with industry representative organizations in ASPAC region for Pharm/MD sector, to help amplify the impact of measures aimed to disrupt illicit trade.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of related experience is required.
- Experience across a variety of functional areas is preferred; particularly in the areas of project management, supply chain investigations, counterfeiting, gathering market intelligence, test purchases & proactive market surveys, field investigation, external vendor management. forensic practice & international experience in ASPAC is desirable.
- Capabilities of internal stakeholder engagement is critical to this role
- Prior Brand Protection experience/Legal background is desirable.
- Project Management skills, such as FPX or other certifications is preferred.
- Pharmaceutical, Consumer or Medical Device segment experience is preferred.
- Candidate with good understanding on data analytic and data investigation is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will possess strong business partnering and communications abilities and well-developed interpersonal skills, experienced in working in an unstructured, matrixed and fast paced multicultural environment across multiple functions with competing priorities.
- Experience of managing project teams to achieve objectives, either formally or informally both internally and externally to the company.
- A strong bias for results and solutions is important. Other key skills include the ability to influence both senior leaders and line management without formal authority, be detail-oriented while maintaining a big-picture perspective and maintain flexibility in a dynamic environment.
- Analytical skills; ability to consume, identify and act on data which may signal illicit trade
- Must be able to understand, respect and work within the cultural diversity of the global environment.
- The ability to make decisions in time sensitive situations, sometimes based on limited data and information, especially when participating as a subject matter expert on teams managing confirmed incidents of counterfeit, diversion or tampering.
- Willingness to take the lead to drive toward credo-based decision making.
- 30% overnight international and domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson (China) Ltd. (7047)