Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Human Genetics & Genomics - Population Analytics
Requisition ID: 2001190809
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Human Genetics and Genomics - Population Analytics, located at our Spring House, Pennsylvania site in the United States.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Janssen Pharma R&D seeks an innovative scientist with expertise in creatively applying quantitative analysis to large-scale population-based studies as well as real-world data to advance our pharmaceutical and/or biomedical research, drug discovery and development. We seek an individual with strong training and experience in applied quantitative methods and a track record of scholarship. You should possess excellent communication skills as well as broad biological interests that will enable them to facilitate interactions between laboratory-based scientists in our Therapeutic Areas.
He/she will be part of the Computational Sciences group in the Discovery Sciences organization within Janssen Parma R&D. He/she will be a member of the Population Analytics team within Computational Sciences which aims to bring together researchers within and outside of Janssen with expertise in genetic epidemiology, mathematics, computer/computational science, high performance computing, human/population/statistical genetics, genomics etc. Their mission is to support longitudinal, prospective population based studies to increase understanding and interception of disease. Integration, analysis and interpretation of data from sensor/experimental modalities and across space/time scales, to decipher disease causing factors such as genes, the environment and an individual’s lifestyle remains an extremely challenging problem, which we expect these researchers to address.
- Perform data analysis with a focus on integrating phenomics, genomics and other data modalities from large population cohorts and targeted studies to identify or validate potential therapeutic targets and biomarkers.
- Provide computational expertise for longitudinal, prospective, population-based studies that consider individual variability in genes, environment and lifestyle and exploit the knowledge gained to increase understanding and interception of disease.
- Develop machine learning and modeling approaches to integrate electronic health record and genomics data; apply approaches to address questions of interest in our therapeutic areas and facilitate interactions between colleagues across the organization.
- Perform and publish high-quality research relevant to the mission of the organization; effectively communicate data and results to our partners within and outside of J&J and work effectively with colleagues across J&J sectors.
- A PHD and/or a MD is required, in computational sciences, biological or natural sciences, mathematics/statistics, medicine or related area of focus.
- A minimum of 3 or more years post-graduate experience in the field of bioinformatics, computational biology, systems biology, genetic epidemiology, and/or computational/statistical genetics is required.
- Experience with drug discovery and development practices and project support in a large pharmaceutical setting is preferred.
- Independent, self-motivated and innovative and the ability to excel in a goal-oriented, multifaceted and fast-moving team environment are required.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills, with a successful track record of collaborating with cross-functional scientific teams is required.
- The role will require up to 10% domestic/international travel.
- The role will be based in our Spring House Pennsylvania site in the United States.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)