Johnson & Johnson Careers
BRAIN IMAGING DATA ANALYSIS INTERN
Requisition ID: 1999190108
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Summer Intern, Brain Imaging Data Analysis to be located in La Jolla, CA.
Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson are dedicated to addressing and solving the most important unmet medical needs of our time, including in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we develop sustainable, integrated healthcare solutions by working side-by-side with healthcare stakeholders, based on partnerships of trust and transparency.
The Summer Intern, Brain Imaging Data Analysis will be a member of the Neuroscience Biomarkers team and will be analyzing Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) data related to Neurodegenerative Disease areas.
The position will focus on quantifying PET and/or MRI signals across multiple brain regions and relating those measures to markers of disease progression.
You will work with Neuroscience Biomarker Signatures members to preprocess imaging data using established procedures, perform Quality Assurance on the output, and quantify signals across brain regions. You will work in conjunction with team members on summarizing analysis outcomes with the goal of supporting clinical trial design.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing Biomedical Engineering, Cognitive Neuroscience, and related degrees.
- Candidates must be available to work Full-time.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Experience with brain imaging, linux/unix command line interface, and the R programming language are a strong plus.
- Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)