Johnson & Johnson Careers
Facilities Technician II
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 1989190318
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Incorporated, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Facilities Technician II located in Fort Washington, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., based in Skillman, N.J., is one of the world's largest consumer health and personal care products company. Our consumer companies produce many of the world's most trusted brands, among them JOHNSON'S® Baby, BAND-AID®, NEUTROGENA®, TYLENOL®, MOTRIN®, and LISTERINE®. Each one of our consumer businesses embraces innovative science to create products that anticipate consumer needs and create experiences that help them live healthy, vibrant lives.
In this position, you are able to communicate and coordinate with customers and partners regarding schedule and impact of work being performed. He/she under minimal supervision, will perform a wide variety of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, maintenance related duties in the operation and repair of facilities and utilities supporting the site manufacturing processes. You will perform a variety of tasks included but not limited to monitoring and adjustment of utilities to improve throughput and equipment efficiency and implementation of corrective actions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provides support to manufacturing operations. Responsible for developing and monitoring metrics for utility processes. Able to identify trends in data and metrics for improvement opportunities. Able to analyze equipment information to propose and implement (with approval) improvement opportunities.
• Performs the final checks and the double checks for manufacturing facilities and utilities equipment as indicated in the Preventive Maintenance work order and Standard Operating Procedure.
• Able to order and receive material and perform the required identification and use on applicable business systems.
• Perform and document equipment repairs as per Standard Operating Procedures.
• Startup, operate and shutdown equipment as per procedures.
• Follow environmental health and safety procedures during startup, shutdown, trouble shooting, and operation of equipment.
• Perform set up, adjustment, troubleshooting and repair on a broad range of plant electrical and mechanical equipment to operate efficiently, reliably, and within compliance standards. Read, interpret & draw equipment diagrams in support of equipment repair & design
• Adjusts equipment to optimize performance. Troubleshoots equipment to minimize downtime and proposes long term improvement to equipment.
• Embrace a behavior of employee involvement and commitment to doing the job right the first time.
• You have a strong working GMP knowledge. Communicates and identifies GMP gaps.
• Takes necessary action to eliminate and immediately address safety hazards. Communicate any observed unsafe behaviors immediately.
• Understands the safety concerns and promotes a safety conscience culture for their job function.
• Wears the appropriate PPE when working in manufacturing and other hazardous working environments and advocates standards of safety.
• Utilize tools within MS office and other systems to improve business effectiveness.
• Has a working knowledge of a Computerized Maintenance Management (CMMS).
• High school diploma/secondary education or equivalent required
• Completed and documented formal training program/apprenticeship/technical certification of two or more years OR a minimum of five (5) years relative trade experience as a journeyman in trade that is mechanical, electrical, machinist, electronic, HVAC or pipefitter/plumber required
Experiences and Skills:
• Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in a regulated and automated manufacturing environment preferred
• Pharmaceutical/GMP manufacturing experience preferred
• Prior experience operating and maintaining utility/facilities systems preferred
• Specific technical experience troubleshooting, performing repairs, process improvements, and performing preventative maintenance activities preferred
• Working knowledge of Facility Automation Systems (i.e. Honeywell, Siemens, SAP) preferred
• Candidates must be able to meet the physical demand of that this position requires: continuous lifting and/or moving from 5 to 25lbs. weight material, climbing, reaching, bending, squatting, kneeling and frequent lifting or moving average (25-50 lbs.) weight material.
• Must have a proven ability to interact with other operators, management, and groups inside and outside of Manufacturing.
• Candidates are required to have a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Able to work extra hours, at night or on weekends and/or irregular shifts. Able to respond to emergency calls.
• This role will be located in Fort Washington, PA and will be a Mon-Fri day shift 7:00 AM -3:30 PM.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington-
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)