Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Director, Population Health Research, Real World Value and Evidence
Requisition ID: 1989180522
Janssen Scientific Affairs, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Population Health Research, Real World Value and Evidence, to be located in remotely in the mid-atlantic or southern part of the US.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Under the supervision of the Senior Director, you will be responsible for leading customer engagement from a Janssen cross-TA research perspective through collaboration with key external and internal stakeholders. You will be responsible for implementing strategies for collaborating with customers to develop, prioritize, and execute PHR projects that meet customer needs and align with Janssen TA key research questions and business objectives. The PHR Associate Director will serve as the primary research contact for our strategic health system and payer customers across Janssen research groups including Real World Value& Evidence (RWV&E), Real World Analytics & Alliances (RWA&A), Medical Affairs, R&D, and epidemiology. The position will have a dual role of customer facing activities as well as research project execution. The PHR Associate Director will:
- Implement strategies to identify and gain access to key strategic customers (e.g. IDNs, hospital systems, ACOs, PCMHs) and emerging health care influencers (e.g. quality programs) to determine market access population health research opportunities.
- Advance scientific customer relationships by engaging Population Health stakeholders and maintaining the research relationships as part of cross-functional Janssen customer account teams, in alignment with RWV&E Field, SCG, Healthcare Quality Strategy Directors, Medical Affairs, etc.
- Proactively ensure that all research is fully aligned with the business by serving as the research conduit across Janssen scientific functions (RWV&E, RWA&A, Medical Affairs, Epidemiology, R&D Global Market Access, etc.).
- Identify new data sources and research partners to address key RWV&E research questions and facilitate awareness to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Develop subject matter expertise in key RWV&E research topics of interest to customers (e.g. adherence, predictive analytics, population health, program evaluation, risk stratification etc.), as well as customer research capabilities, processes and systems.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Population Health, Public Health, Health Services Research, Economics, Epidemiology, Health Policy, or a related discipline is required; a doctorate or other advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required.
- Expertise in healthcare industry, population health, clinical knowledge or practice across multiple therapeutic areas, medical reimbursement, technical expertise in economic evaluations or patient reported outcomes, including data analysis and statistics is required.
- Excellent in leadership skills, collaboration, influencing and communication (both written and presentation) is required.
- High level planning and execution of research strategies is required.
- Experience in outcomes-based strategies and tactics to meet both commercial and scientific objectives for a given product requirement is required.
- Solid experience in conducting outcomes research studies applying health economics, patient-reported outcomes, retrospective and prospective data analyses, epidemiology or health services research required.
- Experience in the use of common research data sources, designing studies, and interpreting data required.
- Working knowledge of drug development and regulatory approval process is preferred.
- Working knowledge of United States health care systems and customers; specifically understanding business models and perspectives of managed care, long term care, and public sector is required.
- Understanding of the uses of evidence-based medicine and comparative effectiveness for health policy decision-making required.
- Working knowledge of regulatory and commercial compliance issues relating to conducting research and disseminating of scientific information required.
- Requires approximatley 50% travel with occasional travel on weekends (e.g. medical meeting, advisory board) . Must have a valid driver’s license as a condition of employment and operate an automobile
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law
North America-United States-Louisiana, North America-United States-Illinois, North America-United States-Georgia, North America-United States-Maryland, North America-United States-North Carolina, North America-United States-Virginia, North America-United States-Michigan, North America-United States-South Carolina, North America-United States-Ohio
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
Health Economics R&D