Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Franchise Medical Director
Requisition ID: 1986190107
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies have been working to make surgery better for more than a century. With substantial breadth and depth in surgical technologies, orthopedic and interventional solutions, we aspire to improve and enhance medical care for people worldwide. Together, we are working to shape the future of health through differentiated products and services.
- We are searching for a top-tier medical executive leader with significant people and interpersonal leadership experience (10+ years) with high evidence of business insights, team collaboration and development skills. Critical skills are excellent written and verbal communication. This leader is a strong strategic thinker able to connect and articulate the global business strategy. This includes craftsmanship to translate strategy to execution and drive the organization forward in executing and delivering results. This leadership role is goal oriented for those who commit to stretch results with sound business skills, including financial acumen and business planning. An equitable decision-maker with the craft to build cultivate strong, positive relationships with business leadership and partners in R&D, Safety, Supply Chain, Regulatory Affairs, Commercial and Quality functional groups. Ability to foster relationships within the J&J enterprise, as well as networking external to J&J.
- Collaborates with evidence generation colleagues from Pre-Clinical & Clinical Research and Real World Evidence (RWE) teams in the USA as they develop global strategies for evidence generation for new and existing products in order to support regulatory approval/clearance, health technology assessment, customer access and post-marketing support
- Provides domain expertise to support Medical Safety and Quality when needed in the evaluation of Post-market Surveillance data or Adverse Events
- Provides medical expertise for clinical trial concept, design, analysis and reporting of Pre-Clinical and Clinical research in assigned areas
- May perform the role of medical monitor for certain company sponsored pre-approval clinical studies
- Provides cross functional support to Lifecycle Management teams for copy approval and medical information requests
- Provides medical oversight to develop Communications and Marketing (press releases, social medial posts, surgical technique guides, course content, internal and external training collateral, etc.) materials.
- Accountable for the medical content of internal product documentation and regulatory submissions for new products and for renewals.
- Approves Design History Files, Surgical Technique Guides and Clinical Evaluation Reports (CERs) as part of the creation of product-specific design dossiers/technical files.
- A minimum of 10 years meaningful clinical experience beyond post graduate medical education (beyond initial licensure) including: specialty residency, fellowship or sub-specialty training, clinical practice, dedicated research, or other related advanced training/experience\
- Advanced practice provider (Physician’s Assistant, or Nurse Practioneer) training and current maintenance of board certification
- A current clinical license to practice (any one of the 50 states)
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to build successful relationships with internal and external partners globally
- Strong communication skills are needed to collaborate well with multiple partners and work effectively in a highly matrixed work environment.
- Previous industry experience in a regulated, commercial biomedical or medical device business is particularly helpful
- Experience with medical regulatory processes, product risk evaluation and mitigation are preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)