Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist I, Protein Purification
Requisition ID: 1986180913
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Scientist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
We are looking for a highly motivated Associate Scientist to purify proteins for the discovery and optimization of biomolecules in a matrix environment involving different therapeutic areas. The primary responsibilities include the purification and characterization of lead monoclonal antibodies and multispecific antibodies for therapeutic candidate selection. The ideal candidate must have knowledge and hands-on experience in protein purification including affinity and other chromatography methods, HPLC as well as biochemical analytical techniques. She/he should be able to collaborate with other scientists in a fast-paced research environment.
The Associate Scientist will:
- Hands-on lab research for purification and characterization of monoclonal antibodies or other proteins expressed from a variety of sources and different isotypes
- Experience with purification instruments and automation will be a plus
- Ability to develop purification methods with complex molecules, deliver high quality proteins for downstream assays in a short timeline
- Ability to design, execute and interpret experiments with manager’s approval
- Maintain accurate laboratory notebooks and prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, etc, and maintain familiarity with relevant scientific literature
- B.S. in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or related areas in Life Sciences, and at least 2 years of laboratory experience OR M.S. in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or related areas in Life Sciences with related laboratory experience is required.
- Protein purification experience is required
- Protein purification experience in both antibodies and antigens is preferred
- Experience with AKTA systems, HPLC and Automation are preferred
- Experience working in a research institution is preferred
- Ability to work in a team-based environment with excellent communication skills is required
- Ability to work independently and meet aggressive metric-driven timelines is required
- The successful candidate must have good organization skills and the ability to collaborate within multidisciplinary teams, and demonstrated working knowledge of scientific principles
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)