Johnson & Johnson Careers
Business Analyst IT Lead, Medical Devices R&D Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
Requisition ID: 1982180521
Medical Devices, a division of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for an IT Lead, Business Analyst Medical Devices R&D Product Lifecycle Management(PLM), located at one of its Medical Devices facilities in the United States. This position reports to the IT BA Sr. Manager, PLM Product Line.
The IT Business Analyst will work within the Medical Devices R&D IT Product Lifecyle Management product line, partnering with the R&D, Supply Chain, and Quality business process owners and IT colleagues to understand business processes and requirements. This role will contribute to building an overall strategy and roadmap to advance business capabilities, and will have direct responsibility for delivery of projects within the Product Lifecycle Management portfolio.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Medical Devices represents more than 60 manufacturing sites and 26,000 employees who plan, source, manufacture and deliver high-quality and cost-effective medical products to our customers around the globe each day. Work of the Medical Devices organization supports a multitude of product platforms, new products and delivery systems that are used in a wide range of procedures throughout the healthcare industry, including interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, minimally invasive surgery, hospital sterilization, clinical laboratory testing, diabetes management, joint replacement surgery and vision care.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
The IT Business Analyst, MD R&D Product Lifecycle Management will work as part of the MD IT R&D PLM Product Line Organization (PLO) and will:
- Participate in development of the R&D PLM Capability Model, considering people, process, data, and technology.
- Utilize effective Business Analyst techniques to translate what business may want to identification of what is needed via good use of elicitation techniques
- Translating business requirements into use cases and user stories
- Understand business use of solutions and contribute to documentation, root cause, improvements and visual representation of the end-to-end process, systems, and data flow
- Align with stakeholders and development teams on product goals and engage business throughout the development process by building and maintaining strong partnerships with business, Business Technology Leaders, & other PLO organizations
- Manage business partner expectations, elicit business requirements, and resolve conflicts related to requirements, timelines and budgets
- Negotiate with business on priority capabilities for inclusion in delivery sprints and product releases.
- Embed agile practices into projects and guide stakeholders on agile methodology and practices aligned with the J&J SDLC
- Ensure solutions are consistent with business objectives and strategy and J&J technology standards
- Manage delivery of assigned projects and support the definition of the project schedule and budget
- Partner closely with J&J IT Applications Services and external solution providers to deliver impactful and intuitive solutions to address complex business problems.
- Develop/maintain strong view of external capabilities and their ability to drive business value
- Contribute to technology strategy and roadmaps for product lines
- Recommend creative/innovative approaches to increase the effectiveness of the technology product line
- May participate in Application Ownership
- Apply compliance requirements within scope of responsibility and provide documentation and participate in compliance activities
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; A Bachelor’s or higher in the field of computer science, engineering, science or business administration is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of related IT experience in Life Sciences/Healthcare is required
- Knowledge of industry and business process trends related to Product Lifecycle Management and respective capabilities is preferred.
- Experience developing and maturing processes and systems in a complex research, manufacturing or product discovery environment is preferred
- Experience eliciting business requirements using a standardized methodology is required
- A minimum of 1 year of Agile software methodology experience is required
- Knowledge of PLM software is preferred
- Project Management experience is preferred
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture and application development methodologies is preferred
- The ability to quickly learn the business and complex processes involved is required
- The ability to understand and work across multiple business domains in support of projects is required
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills are required
- The demonstrated ability to partner with development teams that support various technology platforms is required.
- Proven relationship management skills are required
- Up to 25% travel (domestic and international) may be required.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)