Johnson & Johnson Careers
HUMAN FACTORS ENGINEER CO-OP
Requisition ID: 1972180919
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (JJMDC) Industrial Design and Human Factors (IDHF) organization is seeking a multi-faceted, exceptionally talented, user-centered Senior Human Factors Engineer (HFE) who is passionate about improving the quality of people's lives through compelling design experiences. This position will reside in Cincinnati, OH and/or Milpitas, CA.
JJMDC is one of the world’s largest, most innovative surgical companies. The businesses represented are Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products, Biosense Webster, Cerenovus, DePuy Synthes, Ethicon, Mentor, and J&J Vision.
- Our team leads contextual research to discover unmet user needs, creates usability specifications and requirements, and iteratively tests with stakeholders throughout a robust formative and summative usability process.
- The position will interact closely with the product development team to design and evaluate user interfaces (hardware and software) for medical products including devices, support systems and associated training /instructional elements.
- We are a diverse, collaborative, and global team, striving to create products and solutions that improve patient outcomes by delivering remarkable user experiences.
- The successful candidate will continue to elevate world-class human factors approaches throughout the organization while providing timely usability insight to the product development teams.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/institution pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in HFE, Usability Engineering, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, or equivalent;
- Only students in their 2nd year of bachelors or above will be considered
- Students must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship in the future.
- Demonstrated experience in the planning and execution of user research, including, protocol creation, study moderation, creating reports
- Knowledge of user interface design and general knowledge about human perception, cognition and a basic knowledge of anthropometrics, biomechanics and physiology.
- Familiarity with FDA, ISO, AAMI, and other relevant usability regulations and standards is highly preferred.
- Availability for a minimum of 6-month co-op rotation
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred, with demonstrated leadership/participation in campus programs and/or community service activities.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)