Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology
Requisition ID: 1966180913
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, located in La Jolla, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
The Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D, and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in various disciplines including chemistry, cellular pharmacology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as a Scientist. This position will report to the Director of the Ion Channel/GPCR/Transporter Pharmacology group.
- Be a key member of the Ion Channel/GPCR/Transporter Pharmacology group.
- Provide expertise and experimental support to therapeutic area programs from target nomination through declaration of a clinical candidate.
- Characterize novel targets, develop physiologically-relevant cellular assays to characterize target engagement and downstream effects of small molecule modulators.
- Elucidate options for hit ID approaches.
- Collaborate with screening scientists on development of HTS assays.
- Perform mechanism-of-action studies on validated hits.
- In lead optimization, provide receptor-ligand mechanistic data and insight, and analyze biochemical and cellular SAR.
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least 9 years of professional experience in molecular and cellular pharmacology OR a Ph.D. with 0-3 years of postdoctoral experience is required
- Extensive experience with fluorescence/luminescence-based assays, target engagement assays and cell line engineering is required
- Outstanding record of publications and presentations is required
- Deep scientific expertise in the study of membrane proteins is preferred
- Experience with biochemical/biophysical techniques is preferred
- Drug discovery experience is preferred
- Expertise in one or more of the following therapeutic areas: Immunology, Neuroscience, Metabolic Diseases, Oncology is preferred
you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is
career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)