Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Supply Planner
Requisition ID: 1966180528
Ethicon, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is hiring a Senior Supply Planner in Cornelia, Georgia.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Supply Planner will liaise with various project teams and facilitate the translation of project/customer (finishing plants, affiliates, new product development teams, engineering, network optimization, etc.) requirements to supply requirements that the PPL and manufacturing teams must consider when making the short, medium, and long-term production plans.
As the Senior Supply Planner, you will:
- Identify raw material and component requirements for production from project teams, engineering and production specific to demands driven by network NPI, optimization, and other network related projects
- Lead project demand handover to capture customer requirements for MRM as needed for project delivery
- Incorporate project requirements into monthly MRM S&OP processes and participates in S&OP/GOALS cycles
- Analyze project/product demand, sales patterns, forecasts, production specifications and plant capacity data.
- Administer production schedule to support product demand as well as level load operations.
- Review and issue support documents for scheduling.
- Monitor planning modules or production planning system with current lead times, and related information.
- Establish effective communication with various groups such as customers, affiliates, engineers, project teams, and plant production departments and monitors orders from start to finish to ensure the on-time delivery of products.
- Anticipate production issues due to capacity and new product launches.
- Review capacity loads and identifies possible manufacturing constraints.
- Ensure timely ordering and delivery of components to support manufacturing activities.
- Prepare production reports and updates as needed.
- Analyze month end activity to determine the need for forecast modification.
- Make necessary adjustment to planned production schedules.
- Support new product launch meetings and new product forecasts by providing production schedule and analysis.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required; a focus in a technical, business, logistics or engineering major is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of related supply chain experience is required.
- Advanced computer and database management skills is required.
- Experience with Excel is required.
- Experience with JDE & Minitab is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relation skills is required.
- Proven statistical and analytical problem-solving skills are required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes is preferred.
- Experience with Six Sigma / LEAN / Process Excellence tools and/or certifications are preferred.
- Project management experience and/or certification is preferred.
- APICS certification is preferred.
- Understanding of ETHICON Change Control and associated Materials Management document change processes is preferred.
- Understanding of Change Integration Process is preferred.
- This role is based in Cornelia, GA and may require up to 5% domestic travel.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)