Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Requisition ID: 1965180913
DePuy Synthes is recruiting for a
Senior Manufacturing Engineer for Mitek Sports Medicine, located in Raynham,
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive Orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
- This Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for collaborating with R&D and Quality engineers in developing new product designs within a cross-functional team environment; specifically, to develop innovative manufacturing solutions for metal implantable devices. He/she will be responsible for establishing the relationship between product design features and the selected methods required to manufacture the product.
- The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will provide detailed assessments and critical Design for Manufacturing review of engineering designs/drawings of components and assemblies. He/she will assess the design intent, manufacturability, proper dimensioning and tolerancing of components and assemblies to allow product to transition into the manufacturing environment.
- The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will manage the manufacturing of prototypes used in new product development, including selecting the most appropriate prototype methods and executing prototype development to support new product design trials. He/she will be responsible for completing financial estimates of components and assembly Cost of Goods Sold.
- The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will also provide analysis and recommendations for feature and manufacturing cost tradeoffs, during the design phase of new products. He/she will develop comprehensive, cost effective manufacturing strategies, including supplier selection, to drive product team decisions on sourcing to achieve cost and time targets.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical or Manufacturing is required
- Minimum four (4) years related working experience in an engineering environment is required
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with responsibility for process development, cycle time, yield and cost improvements is required
- Experience working in medical device or similar regulated industry is required
- Knowledge in the application of Design for Manufacturing(DFM), including industry best practices and experience in applying DFM to new product designs is required
- Experience working with an integrated cross-functional new product development team required
- A broad knowledge of medical device manufacturing processes and applications including but not limited to machining, metal finishing, welding, and assembly is preferred. Knowledge of electro mechanical manufacturing is preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Process Excellence / Six Sigma statistical analysis techniques and its application in manufacturing processes is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage design and manufacturing-related activities within the requirements of 13485 Design Control requirements is required
- Strong technical communication skills and demonstrated ability to work independently with external suppliers is required
- This position may require up to 10% travel (domestic and international) and is based in Raynham, MA.
you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is
career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)