Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist, Biotherapeutics Drug Product Development
Requisition ID: 1937190522
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Scientist, located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Within Biotherapeutics Drug Product Development (DPD) department we are offering an opportunity for an Associate Scientist. The Associate Scientist will be responsible for performing experimental studies related to process improvement and quality compliance efforts as it relates to formulation/process development and testing of therapeutic proteins, monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), gene therapy and CAR-T related compounds. This includes the development and optimization of the technical operations associated with liquid and lyophilized biologics formulations/processes.
Additional duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Development and optimizing various formulation and filling unit technical operations including freeze/thaw, mixing, sterile filtration, vial and syringe filling and lyophilization
• Design and manage process characterization studies on various formulation and filling unit operations
• Perform studies that contribute to the continuous improvement manufacturing process, and administration equipment
• Perform technical analysis of the project data, including trending of data, and may be expected to present data to peers and functional management
• Author technical reports and make presentations of technical data
• Follow general laboratory safety procedures, as related to biologically-derived materials
• Collaborate with contacts inside the company including functional line management as well as scientists in related functional areas such as Research and Development, QC/QA, Clinical, Manufacturing, Toxicology, and Regulatory (CMC)
• Perform her/his duties consistent with good laboratory practices
• B.S. in an appropriate scientific discipline with at least 3 years of related laboratory experience OR an M.S. with at least 1 year laboratory experience is required
• Pharmaceutical and/or Biotechnology experience is preferred
• Experience with formulation and fill/finish process development for therapeutic protein and/or biologic products (Gene Therapy/CAR-T) is preferred
• Working knowledge of GLP and GMP requirements are preferred
• Experience with characterization of biological molecules is preferred.
• Working knowledge of biochemical, biophysical and/or analytical methodologies (ie: HPLC, fluorescence and UV spectroscopy, particle analyzers, etc.) is preferred
• Experience with aseptic tissue culture techniques and handling of gene therapy/CAR-T related compounds is required.
• Familiarity with pharmacy procedures for drug preparation and human administration is preferred
• This role is based in Malvern, PA and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)