Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manufacturing Process Engineer
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Requisition ID: 1933180912
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
DePuySynthes Products Inc. is recruiting for a Manufacturing Process Engineer, located in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
This role supports manufacturing operations in the areas of process development, tool design, machine programming, machinery & equipment acquisition, manufacturing layout, continuous improvement and other duties associated with engineering support of production.
• Provides technical support in identifying continuous improvements to manufacturing operations and implementing new technologies including development of processes, researching current and emerging technologies and evaluating process quality, cost, capacity and capability alternatives.
• Supports the needs of assigned manufacturing area in terms of meeting the requirements for quality standards and compliant documentation, capacity, product availability and cost.
• Provides technical support regarding equipment design and development, testing of materials, preparation of specifications and operator instructions, process studies, investigations, root cause analysis, problem solving and report or presentation preparation.
• Performs assignments designed to continue the development of professional work knowledge and abilities requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks, project management, statistical analysis and presentation of data and technical writing.
• Leads engineering projects that are less complex, either technically or due to a small cross-functional team. Leads and participates in projects including developing and executing to the plan and schedule and meeting the goals and objectives of the project. Tracks costs, prepares status reports, conducts meetings, and documents and communicates progress to management.
• Leads and participates in investigations, develops plans and executes tasks to solve process problems including Nonconformances (NC), complaint investigations, audit observations and Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA).
• Provides day to day support to production such as, but not limited to turning, milling, drilling, EDM, finishing, packaging etc. as required.
• Writes and executes engineering studies and process validation protocols and summary reports (Installation Qualification, Operation Qualification, Performance Qualification, Computer Software Validation and Test Method Validation).
• Identifies and implements process improvements for existing manufacturing processes utilizing appropriate engineering principles and standard strategies as e.g. Lean and Six Sigma principles.
• Performs gage design, measurement system analysis, and gage implementation as required. Is able to use various types of measuring instruments including, micrometers, calipers, comparators, tensile testers, coordinate measurement systems etc. to support engineering testing.
• Develops fixtures and designs tools and has the ability to express and implement ideas with tool designers.
• Supports new equipment acquisition efforts including user requirement specifications, machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
• Develops and implements manufacturing and inspection procedures.
• Participates in, and in some cases, leads cross-functional teams which may include, but are not limited to Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Quality Assurance, Finance and Product Development.
• Acts as a liaison to vendors with regard to contracted products, tools & fixtures, and their manufacture.
• Performs other related duties, as required.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related degree required
Experiences & Skills:
• Minimum 4 years of manufacturing and/or engineering experience required
• Previous experience working in a highly regulated industry, such as Medical Device preferred
• Six Sigma or Lean Sigma certification preferred
• Prior process engineering experience preferred
• Robotics experience preferred
• Demonstrates strong written, verbal and presentation skills
• Demonstrates strong computer skills, such as the use of Microsoft Office and databases required
• Minitab preferred
• Demonstrates strong organizational and project management skills and are results oriented.
• Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills and professional interactions with coworkers.
• Demonstrates troubleshooting skills.
• Up to 10% domestic and international travel required
• Ability to support 2nd shift as needed required
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
United States-Florida-Palm Beach Gardens
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)