Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Real Estate Planning & Transaction Management (Americas)
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 1933180521
Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Real Estate Planning & Transaction Management (Americas) in New Brunswick, NJ or any J&J site domestically.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in healthcare to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Portfolio Management and Optimization
- Work under the direction of the Americas Real Estate & Planning Lead to achieve J&J’s business and enterprise goals and map its strategies and initiatives into regional and country real estate solutions. Drive regional and country long term real estate planning activities, including analytical evaluation of the region and country real estate portfolio with the purpose of driving substantial cost savings for the enterprise. Proactively identify strategies to optimize the real estate portfolio.
- Collaborate within RE and with the business to perform feasibility studies that evaluate viable alternatives and balance business needs with enterprise direction and affordability. Develop recommendations based on region and country specific real estate knowledge and leading practices for the Americas Real Estate & Planning Lead’s review.
- Maintain region and country specific market intelligence in order to capitalize on opportunities as well as to react to time sensitive projects and initiatives. Review and approve all transactions prior to securing Americas lead approval.
- Develop business case for change to support proposed solutions.
- Utilize knowledge of J&J’s real estate portfolio and the country and region real estate market to carry out portfolio analysis and optimization activities.
- Manage service providers to deliver real estate transactions (i.e. acquisition and disposition of owned and leased properties). Ensure transactions meet the business needs, are cost-effective, and comply with J&J policies and country-specific requirements, and best protect J&J’s interest.
- Lead activities necessary to initiate and complete transactions – this includes understanding the business need, identifying options, engaging brokers, performing market analysis, coordinating preparation of due diligence analysis, valuations and appraisals, Letter of Intent, RFPs, financial analysis and lease/buy analysis, leading the contract negotiation of leases and purchase sale agreements and the development of the business case.
- Understand the real estate market and track properties’ purchase/sale costs, rental rates, vacancy, and other market conditions.
- Assist in negotiations with purchasers, sellers, landlords, community groups, government organizations and agencies to accomplish stated real estate goals.
- Select and oversee the activities of external broker and, consultants used to support transaction activities including new purchases/leases, lease renewals, subletting, lease surrenders, restoration issues, property dispositions, etc.
- Region and Local Customer Relationship Management
- Lead in-region real estate planning and deal execution.
- Serve as an active business solution partner establishing deep connections within local business units.
- Understand business needs and identify real estate strategies and solutions to address them in a cost-effective manner.
- Collaboration with RE&SPs and other Engineering & Property Services members
- Work with the Real Estate Strategy Lead to ensure plans are aligned with global RE strategy and delivery of solutions are properly coordinated.
- Real Estate transformation activities
- Develop region and country strategies to reduce costs, generate cash and reduce the real estate footprint to achieve the RE strategic plan targets.
- Maintain strategic standards on a broad range of critical real estate issues.
- Deploy new planning processes, methodologies and tools to accommodate local growth and translate facility plans into capital requirements.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a credited university is required.
- MBA or Advance Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 8+ years of related business experience is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in roles of increasing responsibility in real estate Proven track record as an effective strategic real estate planner with experience contributing to regional Strategy & Planning activities is preferred.
- Strong business analytic skills and problem-solving skills is required.
- Strong understanding of finance principles (Net Present Value, Internal Rate of Return, P&L statements, etc.) is required.
- Well-honed negotiation and influencing skills; the ability to consider many different viewpoints and facilitate effective business decisions is required.
- Solid grounding in technology and appreciation for how it can contribute to identifying metrics and aid in decision making is required.
- Specific skills in project management, technical, financial, facilities management is required.
- Candidate should have a record of success working in the Americas RE markets is preferred.
- Capable of proactively facilitating change is preferred.
- Engineering & Property Services - Supply Chain, Finance; Procurement; other companies with established Corporate RE function; real estate firms is preferred.
- Ability to work to coordinate real estate planning in individual country, ultimately contributing to the standardization of real estate planning regionally and globally is preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior levels and functions of the organization is required.
- Ability to work to collaborate with Regional business leaders and E&PS staff, define and deploy regional Real Estate/property strategy is required.
- Ability to represent real estate management function and contribute to J&J Affiliate regional business plans is required.
- Ability to identify and define real estate opportunities, and develop appropriate solutions to achieve optimal real estate investments is required.
- Must be able to travel between 25% is required.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
North America-United States
Johnson & Johnson International (6078)