Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Manager, NA Commercial Education - Spine (Raynham, MA) Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc.
Requisition ID: 1919190107
The Senior Manager, Commercial Education will lead a team responsible for the design, development, implementation, and performance of Depuy Synthes Spine Sales Education and Development initiatives. He/she will set the overall team strategy and provides expertise and guidance to senior management on the establishment of training priorities for both long term and short-term regional objectives leveraging the 30-40-30 blended learning approach. This individual will partner with field sales leaders, and key internal functional stakeholder partners to identify regional sales education and development needs and subsequently deliver Sales Education and Development curriculum to support and drive regional growth. The Senior Manager, Commercial Education is also responsible for maintaining the highest-level standards for compliance and regulatory policies and procedures and is expected to be a positive role model in both the ‘what’ and ‘how’ while conducting business.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
POLICIES: Know and follow policies and procedures related to work activities performed in area of responsibility
TRAINING: Complete training in area of responsibility within allowed time-period. Training is required for changes in existing policies and procedures, for new assignments and for implementation of new policies and procedures. Complete required periodic re-training in areas such as safety and environmental compliance.
SAFETY: Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within work area. Promote safety to all associates that enter work area. Follow Health Care Compliance guidelines as well as follow operating room training and safety standards (Bloodborne pathogens training, etc).
· Manage a team of Commercial Education Sales Learning Managers
· Develop and execute courses, labs, visitations, and seminars in accordance with Sales Education policies and guidelines
· Member of NA DS Commercial Education LT
· Function as key Sales Education & Development relationship manager for field sales leaders and key internal functional stakeholder partners in the Spine business units
· Attract, develop & retain a diverse Commercial Education team
· Partner with DS Commercial Education LT to define and execute education strategies for product launches, strategic imperatives, and marketplace effectiveness aligned with the global strategy
· Assess the ongoing training needs of customer facing field sales teams related to organizational imperatives by performing analysis on current and historical sales activities, and enterprise engagement
· Deliver the most effective educational programs to satisfy the overall objectives of the organization
· Develop and implement education strategies in partnership with Commercial Education team leaders which address ongoing and advanced training and development of sales consultants with emphasis on clinical selling, operations, job related technical proficiencies, strategic account management, and enterprise and market effectiveness
· Manage an annual budget
· Keep expertise updated in training, and related clinical and business technologies and methodologies. Identifies market trends and recommends appropriate actions
· Ensure that sales training practices follow all government or legal requirements
· Act as instructional designer to design training programs, conduct follow-up of training programs, and update ongoing programs
· A minimum of a bachelor’s Degree is required
· Minimum of 6 years in progressive Healthcare sales & marketing roles, i.e., Sales, Sales Training, Prof Ed, Brand Marketing and /or Sales Management with history of success.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Minimum of F/M rating in the “how” in current role
· Expertise in Spine platforms
· 3 years of experience creating content and deliverables for virtual, classroom, or field-based audiences
· Experience with learning technologies including LMS systems, mobile apps, blended learning, and virtual training
· Experience managing projects and/or initiatives from conceptualization to full deployment and execution
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Strategy development & execution.
· Demonstrates creative, practical problem-solving skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effective interpersonal and teamwork skills.
· Willingness to travel as required.
· Demonstrates ability to collaborate across functions and job levels.
· Project leadership, problem solving & solutions driven skills.
POST HIRE TRAINING PLAN REQUIREMENTS:
· Expected to remain current with all company training/compliance requirements
· Participates in development activities to elevate capabilities of competencies in the Learning Professional Competency Model
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Classroom, office, Lab environment, surgical setting
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May provide direction of activities to others
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to travel up to 40%
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This description is representative of the knowledge, skill & ability necessary to carry out the requirements of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)