Shared Controller (Senior Analyst, Business Unit Finance)
The Finance organization of Johnson & Johnson Medical Company, Japan, consists of various departments, handling e.g. Accounting, Tax, Compliance, and Business Unit Finance (BUF).
Within BUF, we are looking to hire/appoint a Senior Analyst, to the position of Shared Controller. The entry level will depend on the specific experience the candidate is able to bring into this role.
Role and responsibilities:
1) Financial Support
- Drive the delivery of the company’s and functions’ financial commitments.
- Lead the Business Planning processes (Business Plan, Forecasts, Strategic Planning etc.) with CoE in Singapore.
- Period closing activities, together with the accounting function, including variance analysis, management reporting preparation and explanations.
- Timely and effective analysis, to drive business, make recovery plans, control and allocate investments and expenses, all with the objective to achieve the business objectives.
- Drive standardization and simplification of our own processes to accelerate business partnering.
2) Management and Other Support
- Support and challenge the function heads and other team members, as a core Business Partner.
- Support the construction and realization of the functions’ strategies, together with the management team.
- Support strong Compliance awareness, within the function.
- Educate and coach function members, to achieve business growth.
- Play an active role in the continuous development of our finance function.
· Around 5 to 7 years of Controlling/FP&A experience, preferably in a role with international contacts. It is preferred if the candidate also brings in accounting experience.
· Completed Accounting or Business Economics related education at Bachelor level, or above (Preferred). Having completed a professional finance education, such as CPA or CMA would be appreciated.
· Experience with managing projects & processes cross-functionally, working closely together with colleagues in a cross-functional and multi-cultural setting.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Well-developed IT skills and ability to innovate and drive continuous improvement. Advanced level Excel skill is a must.
· Fluent in Japanese and business level English (TOEIC above 800).
· Positive, with a can-do attitude, but realistic and not afraid to say no.
· Accurate and agile.
· Balanced and decisive.
· Always looking for opportunities to do things better, smarter and faster.
Johnson & Johnson K.K. (8235)