Job title – Production
GCF - 25
Location – Blackpool
Depuy Synthes is part of Johnson & Johnson, the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. Depuy Synthes offers an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
Orthopaedics is the largest commercial business unit within Depuy Synthes, operating across the spectrum of joint reconstruction, trauma, sports medicine, power tools and biomaterials. We're proud to offer one of the strongest and the broadest orthopaedics portfolios in the world.
About the role;
The Successful Production Planner will manage both the ‘Powders’ & ‘Liquids/Final Pack value streams from end to end. This will involve detailed planning for medical device manufacturing.
You will be accountable for the creation/refresh of plan monthly to ensure plan aligned with refreshed customer demand
- Monitoring over and under consumption and resetting plan as required, challenging these fluctuations where appropriate
- Maintaining a weekly capacity plan for manufacturing areas aligned with forecasted demand from customers as well as gaining commitment from the Operations team leaders to the plan
- Monitoring manufacturing output weekly and ensuring plan agreed is adhered to.
- Challenge failures to hit plan and try to mediate solution with the Operations team that does not impact or compromise the customer.
- Prevention of customer service issues through effective management of plan and inventory.
- A key element of the role will be planning the global allocation process to ensure supply to critical markets is maintained
- Updating comments daily in Worldwide Back Order Report. Prepare the vulnerability report and lead the weekly Service call on behalf of the site
- Play lead role in the daily Operations meetings to ensure targets are being met day to day.
Experience and Skills:
While this role requires Supply Planning experience candidates with an understanding of Demand Planning and Supply chain will be looked on favourably and encouraged to apply.
- Relevant and demonstrable experience in a similar Supply Planning role is important
- Experience using JDE is desirable, however previous experience using an ERP system is essential
- Strong communicator throughout all levels of an organisation are required as is a high attention to detail
- Candidates with a Medical Device or Pharmaceuticals background would be encouraged to apply
- Applies understanding of cycle time, throughput, labor efficiency, and related concepts to drive alignment with overall Production Plan to ensure raw materials are in place to support production
- Data mining skills through MS-Excel (or equivalent) strong organization skills and an aptitude for planning.
- Ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions
- Proactive approach
- Persuading and influencing others
- Proficient user of MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Able to work with limited supervision
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each
- Committed to caring
- Responsible to our communities
- Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
- Unique in our background and experiences
- The drivers of our own success
- Passionate about doing what’s right
Depuy Int'l Ltd. (8722)