The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Industrial Design & Human Factors (IDHF) organization is seeking multi-faceted, exceptionally talented, Industrial Design Co-ops who are passionate about improving the quality of people's lives through remarkable user experiences.
The position of the Industrial Design Internship will be based at our Zuchwil offices and will report directly to the designers based in that location.
The IDHF organization is responsible for user-centered aspects of new product development for J&J Medical Device businesses: Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products, Biosense Webster, DePuySynthes Orthopaedics (Sports, Spine, Joint Reconstruction, Trauma), Ethicon, Mentor, Sterilmed, and J&J Vision. Our team leads contextual research to discover unmet user needs, creates usability specifications and requirements, and iteratively tests with partners throughout a robust formative and summative usability process.
As an Industrial Design Co-op Intern with the J&J Medical Devices Industrial Design & Human Factors team, you will have an opportunity to work in our multi-disciplinary team environments and contribute significantly to active projects within our organization. We are seeking a well-rounded undergraduate or graduate students who possess exceptional design and presentation skills, are eager to learn, and are interested in the challenge of medical product design.
Co-ops will address all phases of design process including human factors research, product research, concept sketching, product renderings, 3D database development, animation, graphic design & illustration, usability testing, product marketing support, and concept presentations.
- You must be enrolled in an accredited college/institution pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Industrial Design or Human Factors Engineering.
- Students must be authorized to work in Switzerland and not require sponsorship in the future.
- Only students in their second year or above will be considered.
- Your portfolio of work (uploaded PDF or link to website) must be available for review by the hiring manager.
- Desirable qualifications include:
- Experience using 2d and 3d design software (Solidworks, CREO, Autodesk Alias, Rhino, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience with prototyping (3D Printing, CNC, Metal/Wood/Foam Fabrication)
- Exceptional design, presentation, and communication skills
- Availability for multiple co-op rotations
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred, with demonstrated leadership/participation in campus programs and/or community service activities.
- Proficiency of English spoken and written is a must, German is a plus.
What type of mark will you make?
Your rare talents and perspectives can make a vital contribution to creative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. At Johnson & Johnson, our company's ethical character is defined by our people. We strive to attract people with strong, positive values and we develop, reinforce and reward those values. With good career development opportunities, we are the world's sixth largest consumer company and can demonstrate an excellent range of benefits. If our ethos is aligned to your values, then this could be the best career move you'll make.
Johnson & Johnson is a supporter of equal opportunities and is a proud member of Disability Confident.
Have we sparked your interest? Then we expect your full application (CV, Portfolio) online.
Synthes GmbH (7111)