Provide brief and concise statement explaining the main purpose for the existence of this position. Provide a brief summary of the role.
Buyer manages all sourcing activities associated with the regional tactical spend and delegated spend in the region. He / She is responsible in procuring supplies and services within the scope of business policies and procedures at the best negotiated terms for price, quality and delivery to support the business operations. Researches possible sources/suppliers for requested items, provides alternatives or substitutions when applicable.
The person is responsible for delivering cost savings, buying and payment channel compliance and supplier optimization. All communication with suppliers and negotiations are managed by the Buyer. Buyer is also responsible for all Regional Market knowledge for various categories.
In order of importance, briefly describe, in sentence form, the major responsibilities of this position (principal duties and responsibilities of the position) as it exists today. Describe the job, not the person in the job. Each item listed below should be a major responsibility of the position, not a day-to-day activity.
Typically, job descriptions should contain no more than seven or eight major responsibilities ranked in order of highest percentage time to least.
Spend, Supplier and Stakeholder Management
- Manage supplier communications, including sourcing event invitations, issue resolution, pricing and commercial terms negotiations, and contracting in coordination with the Contracting Team
- Assess change needs, impact, and stakeholder management activities and support change management integration activities
- Manage the purchase order process, including reviewing the purchase requisition, identifying suppliers to be invited to participate in the request for proposal who are able to meet the requirements of the business end-users, advising on alternative sources of supply, selecting suppliers that provide the best / optimal benefits to the business, communicating award decisions to suppliers, verifying budget alignment, and confirming delivery / fulfillment of orders
- Perform supplier negotiations and ensure supplier performance in terms of service, quality and delivery
- Execute sourcing events, evaluate results, communicate with suppliers on results, interface with contracting and business end-users on sourcing results and recommended purchase option based on relevant business KPIs, interface with the contracting COE to develop the contracts, and enable updates in e-marketplace systems
- Receive, analyze, and resolve supplier inquiries, disputes, and payment discrepancies
Local/ Spot Buy for low value spend
- Perform one-off exception purchases for low value spend, negotiate final pricing terms, and select suppliers based on singular demand
- Manage spot-buy activities from requestors, direct along appropriate channels, and resolve any inquiries and disputes
- Perform data analytics, forecast demand, and identify baselines for purchasing that meet prioritized business requirements
Analyze and Review Commercial Terms and Conditions for Contract Development
- Determine requirements for contract creation, and leverage purchase order terms and conditions
- Review and recommend contracts and amendments in collaboration with the business end-users and the Contracting Champion
Market Intelligence Management
- Review market trend analysis and advise business end users on alternative actions / buying options to offset potential issues.
- Prioritize and validate potential strategic options for designated spend in-scope, i.,e. low value spend across the region, determine the benefits for these options, and measure the performance against established KPI benchmarks
- Assist in the development of the long term procurement vision for designated spend in-scope within the regional Sourcing Services operations
- Ensure that buying activities are aligned to industry standards and meet regulatory requirements
- Assure that buying activities are aligned to industry standards and meet regulatory requirements
Consider and identify qualifications potential applicants must possess in order to be considered for the position. Basic Qualifications must be clearly stated, objective and relevant to this particular position.
Required Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is preferred. Finance, Accounting, Logistics, or Business-related courses is required
Required Years of Related Experience: Minimum of 10 years Other CPM / CPSM desired
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Uncompromised requirements for the role):
(Include any required computer skills, certifications, licenses, languages, etc.)
Key skills include:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience within the direct / supply chain or indirect procurement space. A minimum of 2 years sourcing / category management experience required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to confidently present complex information
- Analytical, problem solving, sound judgment and decision making skills
- Demonstrated track record of delivering against targets and objectives
- Ability to lead high performing teams
Johnson & Johnson (Thailand) Ltd. (8585)