Deliver, for Johnson and Johnson is a global organization responsible for the customer logistics services across North America, Europe Middle East and Africa, Latin America and the Asia Pacific Regions. The Function is initiating a new Operating Model to drive Transformational change across the business with a focus on providing a dedicated Global Segment Deliver Lead, integrating Deliver within the core end to end processes and driving Deliver functional excellence all passionate about improving our Customer Promise.
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Manager, Deliver Transport Management & Control Tower Excellence located in any J&J site in the EMEA region preferably in Beerse, Belgium or Zug, Switzerland EMEA.
As a member of the Global Deliver 3PL Management Excellence team, this role will support the organization in the design, implementation, ongoing management and continuous improvement of the Global Deliver 3PL Transportation Management and Control Tower standards.
The scope of Manager, Deliver Transportation Management & Control Tower Excellence role includes:
- Develop and orchestrate comparison of operating models (process, people, systems) for transportation services
- Develop the scope of transportation control tower services and capabilities
- SME (Subject Matter Expert) responsibility for 3PL Transportation Management and Control Tower processes and services;
- Maintain tracking reports on supplier performance against contractually defined capabilities, including periodic operational performance reviews and measurable operational performance standards;
- Act as Project Manager and DRI (Directly Responsible Individual) for deployment of standards and metrics for a sub-set of 3PL services and/or key suppliers.
- Support the creation and ongoing development of the operating model for Transportation Management processes (e.g.: RFP, Negotiation, Contracting, Performance Management, Issue Management / Critical issue) including ownership / maintenance of all templates, share points and training resources.
- Provide analytical expertise in support of 3PL operational gap analysis, identification of 3PL improvement opportunities and support the continuous improvement of the 3PL Operations Management standards and processes;
- Support 3PLs and transportation companies systems interfacing concept definition & implementation
- Support deployment and tracking of operational performance standards by process that build on existing J&J Global KPI standards; Develop and maintain tools to monitor and act on those (Service levels, costs, quality)
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree (preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Information Technology, Logistics, or Operations) is required.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 3+ years of meaningful Logistics experience is required.
- Experience in transportation services and performance management outsourcing
- Experience in developing and/or leading transport control tower
- Experience in information system related set-up of Control Tower
- Good interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently, lead complexity and take ownership for deliverables
- Knowledge of ERP, WMS & TMS applications required
- Numerate and IT literate (i.e. all MS Office applications)
- Highly skilled in Excel, Access, SQL, Tableaux preferred
- Ability to develop and orchestrate comparison of operating models for transportation services
- Shown success working in complex, highly matrix, virtual, organization where priorities change rapidly and tight deadlines exist is required
- Proficient in English (Written and spoken), multi-language skills are preferred
- Role requires some traveling, but will be based in one location
- Job holder must be resident in region of responsibility (i.e. EMEA)
If you feel attracted by this challenge and want to be part of a successful and growing organization with excellent working conditions then please send us your online application (CV, Motivation Letter, Working References etc.) by clicking on apply on the top right!
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Cilag GmbH International (8525)