Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
To support our Business Unit in Norderstedt, we are currently hiring a Business Unit Manager (m/f/d).
The Business Unit Manager manages a Manufacturing Business Unit. He/she participates in the day-to-day operations with responsibilities for producing products at minimum costs consistent with quality specifications and production schedules. He/she develops and participates in strategic decisions of the plant, division and company.
- Provides a leadership role in the development and implementation of Process Excellence and Six Sigma standards.
- Identifies needs and coordinate the development of support systems, such as but not limited to Documentation, Q.A. Systems.
- Ensures sufficient supply of manufacturing materials, equipment, and personnel.
- Develops all capital expense forecasts and budgets to support business needs
- Provides variance analysis and corrective actions.
- Forms alliances with Marketing and Sales to provide improved products and response to customer needs.
- Enforces, promotes and observes all safety, industrial hygiene rules and regulations established by the Company.
- Manages a customer driven quality plant that ensures compliance to all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for all salary administration issues and all personnel related matters.
- Reviews and recommends change to current policies and procedures for applicability to present business plans.
- Provides and establishes leadership climate for operations within business unit towards continue quality improvements and compliance with regulatory requirements as they apply to all business aspects.
- Makes decisions based on understanding of multiple departments and their interrelationships.
- Fosters relations with all applicable development group/effort to actively influence design and assembly criteria.
- Manages operation to ensure achievement of CIP and OGSM initiatives.
- Provides leadership to meet the challenges of Diversity to move the process forward.
- Manages, motivates, and develops subordinates to achieve their full potential.
- Responsible for developing and guiding all associates within their organization.
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Five to seven years in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Advance computer skills and use of software application(s) such as but not limited to: Word Processing, Data Management
- Purchasing System knowledge (JDE preferred)
- Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science
- Master’s degree desirable.
- English, fluent
- German, desired
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Johnson & Johnson is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson&Johnson Med GmbH (7930)