For our department in Leiden, we need an ambitious
Scientist Analytical Assay development
Introduction of company and team:
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V., previously Crucell, is one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. We are dedicated to bringing life-saving innovation to global health.
Our teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacturing, and marketing of vaccines to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases. With the leading R&D group within the Dutch pharmaceutical industry, we are in an outstanding position to commercialize several vaccines in the near future. This gives excellent personal development opportunities!
The Analytical Assay (AA) team is a young and dynamic group (20 team members), which is part of Analytical Development (AD), responsible for developing methods to characterize our vaccines. Together, we use separation and physicochemical technologies to assess quantity, potency, purity, and identity characteristics of our products. We have a pivotal role between the regulatory authorities, quality unit and process development.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Enjoys working in a multidisciplinary team and contributing to method development knowledge of the team as a whole.
- Actively shares expertise in technologies such as LC, CE, FFF-MALS, DLS, and AUC.
- Aims to shape the life cycle management up to and including validation of methods for release and characterization of our vaccine
- Acts as a technical lead to strengthen our product development strategy.
- Has strong capabilities to collaborate with scientists across multiple disciplines.
- Takes ownership as author in the preparation of presentations, documents for regulatory filing and patents.
The perfect candidate will have a Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) with 2-5 years of post-doctoral experience in a relevant field of analytical chemistry, life sciences and/ or biochemistry. Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or ICH method development or GMP is highly preferable.
The candidate demonstrates strong leadership, interpersonal and team-building skills. Importantly, you have a critical attitude and value accuracy in the execution of your work and that of others. We value an ethical working environment, as described in our Credo, where trust, diversity and inclusion is the fundament for success.
Our company offers a broad range of benefits and a competitive salary, as well as flexible hours and home office possibilities. Are you our perfect candidate and ready to take this step in your career? Help us to get these vaccines on the market and be part of this outstanding opportunity!
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)